oil filter size

twiztedjeckel

:
'04 SVT Focus
i've found a couple different part #s on Pureolators site and i've heard some differances in size from the factory. does anybody actually have proof that theres a pureone in the pl14612? i read somebody got one from pep boys but nobody seems to have any idea about that part #. also on pureolators site theres 2 part #'s for the protege's that will fit. since my dealer wanted to charge me for my first free oil change today because i wanted synthetic fluid i copped an attitude and took off and went and bought some mobile 1 of my own now i just have to figure out the friggen filter size.

somebody shed some light on this confusing subject would ya

Mobil 1 M1-110 on mine. It's actually for the Mazda V6's, but as I see it, I have more surface area on the filter element with the larger filter!

The M1-108 is for the I4's.

use PL14622, it is listed on the site under 2002 protege5.

it is limited to what is on the shelf though, so im sure its hard to find. probably because the 626 has been phased out.

i could upload a picture, to prove they exist, but for some reason its not letting me upload right now

i ended up going with just the regular pureolator thats listed for the protege's and P5's. i changed the oild today and went out and romped on the car a little after words and then pulled it back into the garage. no leaks or anything so it seems to work for now. still on the search for that damn PUREONE

Back