Advice on Sub/Amp (JL Audio)

'olzoomer

Opinions on the following for my PR5:

JL Audio 250/1 Amp
JL Audio CS210R-W0 (2x10W0-8)

The PR5 came with the stock HU and MCR 100W Sub.

Thanks.

LAst years sub box so don't pay retail for it. The new one looks great. The 250/1 is a great sub amp. Its costly but I have no doubt that it can crank more then 300 watts rms out. Also it has some of the best crossovers on the market and unlike other amps when it hits hard it doesn't loose power do to voltage drops. Also if you decide on a 2 ohm setup of subs in the future that amp is still going to give you all of its power.

Thanks. Which model is the new one (sub box)?

I'm not familiar with sound system config. Can the MCR 100W still be hooked up along with the JL amp/sub combo?

Where can I find 10" Powerwedge?

Thanks 1st! I've decided to go the Alpine V 5ch amp and the 10" Powerwedge. Crutchfield has the Alpine sub but I am unable to find the 10" Powerwedge.

Any places still carry these subs?

Thanks.

As 1st MP3 will tell you, JL Audio is sold NOWHERE online under warranty. To get JL Audio with a warranty and everything, you will need to go to a shop nearby. I know www.onlinecarstereo.com sells JL products, but no PowerWedge and no warranty. You really need a shop.

i bought mine at tweeter with a 3 year warranty. i was very happy when i bought $1300 worth of audio equipment and a three year warranty was only $80.

Another thing to add and I know if your saesmen told you but since tweeter has it own authorized repair center, owned and operated by tweeter for tweeter stores, If you have to send something in for repair we attach a little sticker to it that tells the reapair center you have our warrenty and your repair gets bumped to the front of the line over those without that sticker.

yeah, i deal with the same salesman every time. hes a cool guy and he gives it to me straight, rather than dicking me around. in fact i was looking at a different amp and sub and he helped me choose mine. i am very happy with it and i appreciate his help.

Re: Where can I find 10" Powerwedge?

'olzoomer said:
Thanks 1st! I've decided to go the Alpine V 5ch amp and the 10" Powerwedge. Crutchfield has the Alpine sub but I am unable to find the 10" Powerwedge.

Any places still carry these subs?

Thanks.

ol'zoomer....you are going to LOVE this set up....I know I do!!!!

No TWEETERs in Northern California. They're only in Southern Cal.

The 10W JL Audio are only available in-store. Oh well... I guess I'll search my local dealers.

Ebay has a used 10W Powerwedge for $130...

You can get the discontinued model for that. For no warrenty on the box or sub why bother saving $20. The brands ass new single 10W0 in a JL box is only $169

Sir Nuke, Thanks for the info from my other post... So that velcro secures the Alpine well, huh? Sounds like the way to go without drilling through the carpet.

I plan on doing the install myself. Gotta start sometime...

How do I take off the front panel to work on the stock HU?

I agree 1st. If I don't find any locally, I'll give my cousin in SD a call and purchase it for me.

How heavy is the 10W sub? Does it come in a shipping box already?

The JL sub/boxes are shipped in shipping boxes to dealers but many unpacking them and put them on display.

The Sub/box isn't very heavy at all.

How many pre-amp outputs on the stock HU?

How does the HU connection for the CD changer look like (if any)? Pictures are appreciated.

No pre amps are on the stock headunit, no stock head unit has preouts.

:confused: Ok, please pardon my oh-so-newbie-ness here. :)

How will the Alpine 5ch amp connect to the HU? The amp has speaker outs (4ch+1 sub wires) and RCA-ins, based on the pics from Crutchfield.

The alpine amp has speaker level inputs. You cut the speaker wires behind then run the radio side of the wires to the speaker level input of the amp. Then run the amps output wires back to the factory wires that are still cut and behind the radio that go to the speakers.

Would you like a diagram?

Back