Anybody here actually use their P5 as outdoor activies car?

Jliao

:
BO G35 Coupe
such as snowboarding, moutain biking, etc..

If so, what kind of snowboard rack is a good deal to get? something that's long lasting, well built quality, and price is good?
Also, is it cheaper to buy it online?

Any inputs would be appreciated!

Thanks

bought the CDN roof rack which fits thule access. Use it to move the MTN bikes and also rigged it up to hold a canoe. Only CDNs can get the CDN roof rack though, US will have to do some (major?) mods to make it work.

I use mine for snowboarding, I have a sport rack 8 board rack. The car is great for this application, only problem is that the rack is a gas mileage killer... But the car is great I can hold 4 peeps all our gear and the boards are outside outta the way :)

cheers

I built an All-Terrain Tricycle (check out my www) that I tote around in the back of my P5 using a custom mount that I've installed in the back. It fits real nice.

i use it for snowboarding...
take off roof rack so you don't get the wind sound and save a tiny bit of gas...
carry only 3 ppl and fold down one of the rear seats....
save money from snowboard rack for other mods....

I use the factory roof rack and picked up a Thule Snowboard rack that holds 2. It works great, I didnt notice that much noise. The only thing is next year I will buy snowtires for it.

I actually race mountain, road and BMX bikes and I snowboard and the P5 is fine. I can get four boards on the roof which is adequate because you can't comfortably squeeze more than four people in the car. The Thule stuff is a bit easier to get because there are more dealers. Follow the link below to my previous post for photos and a description of how I got my rack installed.

http://www.protegemp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13480

use it for snowboarding- ussually 3 people with one seat down-same deal as tttp5. I like the thule attachments and the fit the stock rack well (just wish they looked cleaner) Hey tttp5, where do you ride? I ride Mt High every weekend and rarely see a p5 in the parking lot. check out my car description and let me know if you see it. white sticker of the letter "Y" in rear window. later bro!

snowboarding as well.

looking for a 4 board rack.

ive gone with 4 people, and its none too comfortable in the back.

I went up to mt high last thursday, conditions were great. Im more a fan of mammoth, but 6 hrs drive sux ass.

Mt High sucks for late season. Few years back I used to go to Mt High every weekend becuase of EL NINO. But, ever since then, Mt High has crappy snow. Though, the resort is getting much better.
On the other hand, Mammoth rock! I go there with my family almost every thanksgiving even tho it's early season.

Oh ya, considering getting a snowboard rack, but not sure what kind... any advices?

uclap- I rode last thurs night and it did suck, both sat and sun were good and this storm has already dropped 12" plus at Mt High! I actually give props to Mt High over the last few seasons they have improved greatly- By the way I'll be in mammoth march 7-9(stoked) Glad to hear of the p5's on the mountian.

I use mine to go snowboarding all the time, and i use a barecrafters rack that attaches to the stock roof rack. The rack says it is only supposed to carry 2 boards and there is another one they make that carries 4, but with mine i was able to put 4 boards on it stacking them base to base. i think the most ive had on the rack so far was 2 pairs of skis, and 3 snowboards.

ill be in mammoth march 20-25 i think.

I went thursday at 9:00 am, and it was pretty decent, tho after 12 it got pretty crappy.

How much was the barecrafters rack? did you need special clamps, or the rack comes with em?

mp5forsnow I'm new to snow type sports so I've only gone snowboarding 3 times. we goto bigbear snow summit cause one of my friend is an enthusiast and he says the snow is better than mt high.....

I didn't realise that so many of us on this forum go snowboarding often... maybe we should do a meet there.

so jealous of all you guys going to mammoth, I would really like to go.... but I doubt I'll be able to set aside a couple of days to goto mammoth, ... life sucks when your a Architectural Grad degree student....

you guys have fun!

Snow Summit & Big Bear tend to have better snow than Mt. High. But then again, I believe it's farther for most of people to go to SS and BB than Mt. High.

Oh ya, PR5 wheels blows on snow w/o chain. You can easily skid...so those of you becareful..

A meet up in big bear would be sweet! more of a spring/summer deal obviously. As far as the resorts go I go to mt high because of location (much easier to drive up 45 min. over 1 1/2 hours for me) and price (only $250 for an anytime season pass)

any others interested in a may/june big bear meet? the roads and scenery are unmatchable in so-cal

Back