Flashing third brake light?

Thats the same one you can get from any motorcycle dealer but they only charge $32.00. I forgot to mention the cool think about the Backoff Modulator is that it blinks 3 times, then it stays on for 3 seconds, then it repeats the cycle. Something about that just appeals to me more than it just blinking like a turnsignal. These are also tested and proven to help on motorcycles to keep them from getting hit from behind. If it doesn't help on a car then you were just destined to get hit...maybe it will be a cute girl and she wants to make it up to you.

xelderx: I followed your suggestion...I should pick up something at a motorcycles...

off topic, xelderx, you have black head lights? nice rims..

Thanks man!!

I do have black headlights. Heres the thread for the how-to

I'll like my rims better when they are sitting closer to the fender.

Dag gummit...you guys keep finding the half ass versions. (nuts)
Just Kidding. That basically does the same thing except it doesn't reset itself to repeat the cycle. Somebody tell me if I spelled "dag gummit" correctly. Is that all one word or what?

ok...

how and where am I suppose to look to cut the third brake wire?

I got a black box from a motorcycle shop...should be making my third brake light flash 5 secs... :D

woooooohhhhhooooooo!!!!!!

i wouldn't want it to repeat the cycle id want it to flash 3 times and stay on, and how do i go about doing this when my 3rd light is on my wing LOL anyone know?

@Ryan, I know this thread is ancient, but I recently did this on my P5 with this little gem from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
This unit flashes 8 times: 4 fast, 4 slightly slower and then stays steady on until the brake pedal is released and depressed again.
I looked up the wiring diagram for my hi mount stop light and found that it only draws about 5-6 watts so I decided to try it out. It works flawlessly and was fairly easy to install. I'll be getting another one for my wife's P5 soon so I can do a write-up on that if you're interested.

Some cops don't like flashing brake lights...

Still a great idea though... Really draws attention.
I like to tap my brake pedal before a turn to flash the brake lights.

In Australia, flashing (Adaptive) brake lights on modern cars are only for emergency stops i.e., when the ABS are activated. Illegal otherwise.

What's the law in the US on this?

In Australia, flashing (Adaptive) brake lights on modern cars are only for emergency stops i.e., when the ABS are activated. Illegal otherwise.

What's the law in the US on this?

Regarding stop lamps in Arizona, A.R.S 28-939 states that stop lamps must "Not project a glaring or dazzling light.", but I don't see anything regarding flashing stop lamps, whereas for things like turn signals it states they must flash. I will say I've seen multiple other vehicles with flashing hi-mount stop lamps, including some brand new vehicles where I believe it comes standard, and I've never seen or heard of anyone getting pulled over or cited for it. I've had police drive right behind me multiple times with it installed and haven't been pulled over for it (at least not yet anyway).
Just my experiences.

Back