New to Mazda and to forum; 2019 CX9 GT

neuneleven

2019 CX9 GT
Hello,
I purchased my first Mazda at thanksgiving after lurking a couple of weeks on this forum. Came from a 2017 Acura MDX tech. Each vehicle has its pros and cons, but so far, we are very much enjoying the CX9. Many thanks to those who contribute on this website and in some way or the other facilitated the decision Screenshot_20191211-211949_Gallery[5306] 2.jpg

Looks great in blue. Congrats on the new car!

If I may ask, why did you switch to the CX-9 from the MDX?

Great purchase! I also migrated from an MDX to the CX-9. Really appreciate what Mazda has gotten right with the CX-9 and how Acura has strayed with the MDX. You'll find the CX-9 much more 'fun' to drive with less maintenance than the MDX (SH-AWD requires much more frequent fluid changes in its drive train) though you will have slightly less cargo room in the rear with the 3rd row down in the CX-9. I still have two Acuras but found the latest MDXs less responsive than my CX-9 and I hated the latest MDX's transmission.

I also switched from an old MDX. It was a great car and lasted without major problems for a long time.
But when the time came I briefly looked at another MDX. Sheer number of active recalls and bulletins pushed me away. Something is wrong with Honda nowadays.

I had heard so much about the MDX's great handling and so I drove one back in 2013 but unfortunately after driving an X5- that was a blunder. No match to nimble handling of X5 ! Currently have X3 and Cx-9 handling is really good when compared to them - well at least to my kind of driving.

Back