Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly replacement

:
2013 CX-5 GT
I need to replace a wheel bearing (rear, driver side). I went to the local shop and they suggested a MOOG Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly (part number 512519).
My question: Does anyone know this brand (good or bad experience)? Who makes the OEM bearing?

Thanks!

I replaced both of my fronts for around $80 shipped (for the pair) on ebay. They came from a bearing manufacturer in Houston Texas

I agree that Moog is a good brand, but has deteriorated some recently. If OEM is $100 then forget the others and go OEM. A $40 wheel bearing assembly falls into the category of so inexpensive that I'd question the quality. But Chris_Top_Her may have found a great value. More info?
Replacing a wheel bearing assembly can be a challenge in the upper Midwest due to corrosion. For that reason, unless I couldn't afford it, my order of preference: OEM, then Timken and then Moog.

I need to replace a wheel bearing (rear, driver side). I went to the local shop and they suggested a MOOG Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly (part number 512519).
My question: Does anyone know this brand (good or bad experience)? Who makes the OEM bearing?

Thanks!

Federal Mogul is the parent of MOOG. Both true US companies and both have a reputation for quality. I can*t guarantee that they would produce all of that part in house but they usually demand high quality from their sub contractor. I can predict with some certainty that the eBay product is Chinese. That doesn*t mean to say it is sub standard but it might help you choose where to spend your money.

Moog parts have always been excellent for me. These are the first comments of lower quality I've ever heard about Moog.

That looks like a DIY part, with a jack and a few wrenches.

Last edited:
I'd have an impact wrench handy, I am able to get mine axle nut of with a harbour freight one, while the car is up and hub 8s able to spin freely.

speedy8727: I thought that you should replace your wheel bearings in sets, not just one side.

Back