Displaying Outside Temperature

rockethead26

2019 CX-5 Reserve
:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
So I spent a little time today on another drive to Phoenix with my wife trying to figure out how to display the outside temperature somewhere. cycling thru the INFO displays showed nothing and the only setting on the infotainment system was to switch between C and F. I couldn't find anything online either, at least not with the search terms I was using.

Can this be done? I know if is on briefly when starting the engine according to the user manual, but I haven't seen it yet myself.

ANY HELP?

You're looking for temps to be displayed in the infotainment system.....ours is on the instrument cluster. Did something change for 2019 models?

You're looking for temps to be displayed in the infotainment system.....ours is on the instrument cluster. Did something change for 2019 models?

No, I was trying the instrument cluster and the infotainment but couldn't find anything in either place.

So I spent a little time today on another drive to Phoenix with my wife trying to figure out how to display the outside temperature somewhere. cycling thru the INFO displays showed nothing and the only setting on the infotainment system was to switch between C and F. I couldn't find anything online either, at least not with the search terms I was using.

Can this be done? I know if is on briefly when starting the engine according to the user manual, but I haven't seen it yet myself.

ANY HELP?

See this thread:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123869984-Is-There-A-Compass

I posted a pic in the thread from the owners manual that shows how to cycle trough the displays in the instrument panel. Temperature show up to the left of the speedometer in numerical setting.

My Signature is a non US 2020 model and temperature is displayed in the instrument panel.

See this thread:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123869984-Is-There-A-Compass

I posted a pic in the thread from the owners manual that shows how to cycle trough the displays in the instrument panel. Temperature show up to the left of the speedometer in numerical setting.

OK, Twilight Zone.

I start up the Mazda this morning just to figure out how to get this temp thing figured out. As soon as it starts up, there's the outside temp to the lower left of the speedo. I thought, "Oh, there's the temporary display on start-up" that I read about, but it didn't go away. I didn't drive the car yet so I don't know if it will stay there or not but we're going out later so I'll see if it's persistent. If it does, I'll find it wierd that neither my wife or I could find it while driving for 5 hours yesterday.

I played with pushing the dimmer stalk and discovered those display options that I didn't know where there. I know, RTM! One of those offers a display that also includes the outside temp, so there are two places for it if the display to to lower left of the speedo stays there after starting to drive.

Using the INFO button on the steering wheel cycles thru a bunch of displays that we played with yesterday while driving, but none of those options affected the temp display to the lower left of the speedo this morning or offered a temp display of their own.

So, that's where I am with that! I'll report back after we go for a drive today.

It is right in the instrument display. I believe its there all the time no matter how you cycle. I can understand how you could miss it though. Not prominent at all.

Yep, it's there all the time. We just didn't see it. I also managed to change my speedometer from miles to Km. It takes just a quick push of the dimmer stalk. My, a lot of functions on that little guy.

Thanks for the confirmations, everyone.

You did it!!

script>

Back