Engine Doesn't Idle Down Right Away When Coming To A Stop

:
2015 CX-5 GT
I have a 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring. Something that has just started happening is occasionally I will stop and I can feel the engine still pulling about 1200 rpm. It will happen 3 or 4 times a day.

I cleaned out the throttle body by the butterfly valve and thought it was better, but it isn't. I have 35k miles. There are no codes. Is this going to be a dealer thing? If so, I can see them shotgunning the answer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Air filter in there tight? Clean air filter? MAF sensor clean? Those are my cheap spitballing ideas to start with.

I would check around the pedal hinge on the floor. Dirt or debris could be interfering with it returning fully.

I appreciate the replies. I checked the air filter when I took that assembly off to clean the throttle body. It is fine. I've only used Top Tier gas, so I'm hoping the MAF isn't the problem. I keep the car clean, so the gas pedal isn't being obstructed (I'm retired AND a car guy). I think if the lock up torque converter were the issue, the rpm would get really low instead of trying to stay around 1200 rpm.

I'm suspecting a sensor is iffy or has failed. I may have to give in and take it to the dealer. I was trying to avoid that.

Thanks again for the replies!

Try to manually pull back on the accelerator peddle to see if that works. Maybe a return spring or whatever is holding it up. Ed

If you connect a gauge to the obdii port under the dash you can watch various parameters in the computer like throttle position.

Two of these gauges I am familiar with are the scangaugeii and ultragauge.

They show the TPS is high when the cat is warming up and the blue light is on as well as when the cruise control operates.

Back