Looking at a 2012 Mazda5 ...

ProFiver

:
2003.5 Silver Protege5, 2006 black Charger
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2012 Mazda5 with 68k miles. I just test drove it and it drove fine. My only concerns were rust in weird areas. Underneath both the front seats, the metal parts were rusty. Also when I flipped up the trunk and removed the tray exposing the tire...the rear seat metal was also rusted. I thought it was weird that the metal parts were rusty. Flood car?

With such few miles, and rust in those areas, I*d be concerned about a flood vehicle. The 2012*s were a well sorted car. Only problem areas should be transmission and rear shocks.

Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2012 Mazda5 with 68k miles. I just test drove it and it drove fine. My only concerns were rust in weird areas. Underneath both the front seats, the metal parts were rusty. Also when I flipped up the trunk and removed the tray exposing the tire...the rear seat metal was also rusted. I thought it was weird that the metal parts were rusty. Flood car?

Both of those areas you are concerned about are raw unpainted and untreated metal. If the vehicle has been near moist salt air, I would imagine you might see some surface rust. I remember seeing some very light surface rust on my 2006 Mazda5 in a few places in those areas. I have also seen others here complain about the same in identical areas on other Mazda's.

Back