Mazda offering 0.9% financing PLUS 90 days deferred payments

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Mazda offering 0.9% financing PLUS 90 days deferred payments EDIT: NOT 2020 CX5s

I just got an email from Mazda.

0.9% financing PLUS 90 days deferred payments on 2020s.

I know some folks were asking when they were gonna get on the December Deal bandwagon.

Click here and enter your Zip Code for deals in your area.

Edit to add: The combination of both promotions is only available on select models and years (2019 CX-5s but not 2020 MY). Sorry. Reading is fundamental...

Last edited:
As soon as the 2020 Reserves come in I'll be hopping on the bandwagon.

As of 12/3 the December incentives (or lack thereof) posted on Mazda website. In my zip code nothing changed for the 2019's or 2020's. Customer cash on the 19's stayed the same & 19's have 0.9 % financing & the 20's have 2.9%. I thought they'd at least sweeten the 2019 incentives. No 2020 Reserves or Signatures to be had anywhere yet. I heard it may be January/February.

I would have liked to have waited to get a 2020 replacement for my totaled 2019 Reserve but bit the bullet & got my 2019 replacement Reserve 8 weeks ago. Got a good deal on the replacement & not many changes announced for the 2020's anyway.

As of 12/3 the December incentives (or lack thereof) posted on Mazda website. In my zip code nothing changed for the 2019's or 2020's. Customer cash on the 19's stayed the same & 19's have 0.9 % financing & the 20's have 2.9%. I thought they'd at least sweeten the 2019 incentives. No 2020 Reserves or Signatures to be had anywhere yet. I heard it may be January/February.

I would have liked to have waited to get a 2020 replacement for my totaled 2019 Reserve but bit the bullet & got my 2019 replacement Reserve 8 weeks ago. Got a good deal on the replacement & not many changes announced for the 2020's anyway.

Same here for my zip code. My hope is that by Jan / February the 2020s will have the .9% financing as well.

Yes, most likely the 2020 Reserves and Signatures will be end of January, early February as they are being produced this month. This is going to sound frivolous but the reason I went with a 2020 instead a 2019 is for the NVH improvements. (We will see if reality matches, but hopefully it will sound better) My 2017 has a couple of creaks and rattles and drives me nuts on a daily basis. Lesson learned about purchasing the 1st model year of a new update.

Noticed they were advertising the 2020 with the "Improved turbo engine". Did I miss something? Did they change something with the engine?
I see the CX30 has the new infotainment.

Attachments

• CX5.jpg
    CX5.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 161
Same here for my zip code. My hope is that by Jan / February the 2020s will have the .9% financing as well.

Yes, most likely the 2020 Reserves and Signatures will be end of January, early February as they are being produced this month. This is going to sound frivolous but the reason I went with a 2020 instead a 2019 is for the NVH improvements. (We will see if reality matches, but hopefully it will sound better) My 2017 has a couple of creaks and rattles and drives me nuts on a daily basis. Lesson learned about purchasing the 1st model year of a new update.

Both of my 2019 Reserves have been quiet. My only rattle turned out to be change in my console (hand).

Noticed they were advertising the 2020 with the "Improved turbo engine". Did I miss something? Did they change something with the engine?
I see the CX30 has the new infotainment.

"This engine gets a small boost in torque, going from 310 pound-feet to 320 pound-feet. Horsepower stays the same at 250 horses, and the max power is still made using 93 octane fuel. We saw a similar torque gain in the 2020 CX-9. Mazda says it also added a new *Engine Harmonics Enhancer* that *tunes to the engine with a much more refined and powerful sound.*"

I believe the Reserve & Signature get the 8" infotainment from the CX-9, not the new system from the 3 or CX-30.

"This engine gets a small boost in torque, going from 310 pound-feet to 320 pound-feet. Horsepower stays the same at 250 horses, and the max power is still made using 93 octane fuel. We saw a similar torque gain in the 2020 CX-9. Mazda says it also added a new *Engine Harmonics Enhancer* that *tunes to the engine with a much more refined and powerful sound.*"

I believe the Reserve & Signature get the 8" infotainment from the CX-9, not the new system from the 3 or CX-30.

Much to my chagrin, this is correct. I was hoping for the new system but not this year.

I wonder how deferred payments help in any way? You would still end up paying the same amount. If inflation was high (7-10%+) then the time value of money would make this a slightly better deal :)

I wonder how deferred payments help in any way? You would still end up paying the same amount. If inflation was high (7-10%+) then the time value of money would make this a slightly better deal :)

Yeh, at the current Prime, they're giving away nothing other than people thinking they're driving the first few months "for free." We're funny little critters.

It can help in a few select scenarios. I was offered the opportunity to have the first 3 payments on our CX-9 deferred, and I took it because it was free and would not affect the purchase in a negative way. It actually helped because it allowed me to have a bit more of a financial cushion during the last couple months of my wife's pregnancy/first month after my daughter was born. Not really a big deal, but it did help us out a bit, and to a salesperson, every little bit helps.

It can help in a few select scenarios. I was offered the opportunity to have the first 3 payments on our CX-9 deferred, and I took it because it was free and would not affect the purchase in a negative way. It actually helped because it allowed me to have a bit more of a financial cushion during the last couple months of my wife's pregnancy/first month after my daughter was born. Not really a big deal, but it did help us out a bit, and to a salesperson, every little bit helps.

Funny, now that you put forth a specific scenario, I bet lots of people might be swayed by deferred payments to buy this time of year so they get a chance to recover from Christmas spending.

Both of my 2019 Reserves have been quiet. My only rattle turned out to be change in my console (hand).

My 2019 is also very quiet. You can hear a bit of gear whine at or above highway speeds. Mazda's double door seals and laminated windshield and front glass help a lot.

I'll buy a phone in the first year, but not a car. Yeah, there are bugs to be worked out. I won't buy a used 2018 ever because of the debacle with the first wave of CD engines.

Thanks. I did miss that.

Don't feel bad.

I was driving down the road a couple of weeks ago and heard what sounded like squeaks coming from around the infotainment screen, as though it were rubbing the dashboard. I pulled over and it stopped.

It started when we got our first cold snap. Finally figured out what it was.

Let's just say I now take off my winter leather jacket when driving.(freak)

What is the system that the 3 has the 5 does not? Is it that big a difference?

It's just a wider screen with some new graphics. Same functionality as before. A 1 inch bigger screen isn't going to drastically change your driving experience. You can always test drive one vs the other if you can get a good/great deal on a 19. If the prices are similar, I'd go with a 20.

It's just a wider screen with some new graphics. Same functionality as before. A 1 inch bigger screen isn't going to drastically change your driving experience. You can always test drive one vs the other if you can get a good/great deal on a 19. If the prices are similar, I'd go with a 20.

Oh*.I thought Mazda had a better system that was making it's way into some models....more than just a bigger screen

Back