where to buy Oil Filters for best price these days? Open to buying in small bulk.

Mazda OEM filters that is. Any coupon codes? Thanks
Mazda OEM oil filters have several different versions with different prices for your 2015 and 2016 CX-5s.

There're now 3 OEM Mazda SkyActiv oil filters:

OEM Mazda
SkyActiv Oil Filters
PE01-14-302AMade in Japan with the best quality.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a sealed paper box.
1WPE-14-302Made in Thailand.
Smaller in outside diameter than PE01-14-302A.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a non-sealed paper box.
PE01-14-302A-MVMade in Mexico.
Comes with non-greased flat gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on entire filter、
and no paper box.

Based on picture provided by madar, Mazda OEM value-line PE01-14-302A-MV oil filter does look different from Wix 57002. But I'd still get PE01-14-302A-MV OEM "value" filter if there's no other OEM choices! :)

The best price Ive seen on OEM filters was this 12-pack OEM PE01-14-302A-MV OEM oil filter - $34.99 for $2.92 each with free shipping on eBay. Hundreds of this 12-pack OEM filters had been sold and unfortunately its currently out of stock.

A better OEM oil filter is Thai made Denso 1WPE-14-302 filter which can be found on eBay as Toyota OEM oil filter for Yaris (a rebadged Mazda2), the price usually is lower than the same Mazda OEM.

You can also get top-quality Japanese made Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302A or PE01-14-302B (the latest version) on eBay, but the price will be expensive.

Mazda dealers in the US currently only sell Thai and Mexican OEM oil filters.

See this thread for more details:

CX-5 Oil filter specs?

Interesting that US dealers don't stock or bring in the Tokyo Roki filters anymore. I can still buy them over the counter at my local dealer here in Canada. Maybe there's a Canadian dealer who's willing to ship parts?

There's mazdashop.ca, based in Scarborough, ON. They sell a filter for $12 CAD ($9 USD), but it's unclear which filter they stock. Probably best to call them and confirm if a buyer wants to go this route. My local dealer sells the Roki filters for about $10 CAD.

Interesting that US dealers don't stock or bring in the Tokyo Roki filters anymore. I can still buy them over the counter at my local dealer here in Canada. Maybe there's a Canadian dealer who's willing to ship parts?

There's mazdashop.ca, based in Scarborough, ON. They sell a filter for $12 CAD ($9 USD), but it's unclear which filter they stock. Probably best to call them and confirm if a buyer wants to go this route. My local dealer sells the Roki filters for about $10 CAD.
Is it the newer B version? And can you get the other two OEM oil filters made in Thailand and Mexico in Canadian Mazda dealers?

And based on pictures posted on mazdashop.ca (Scarboro Mazda Canada) website from the link provided, the oil filter theyre selling is 1WPE-14-302 made in Thailand Denso oil filter.

Is it the newer *B* version? And can you get the other two OEM oil filters made in Thailand and Mexico in Canadian Mazda dealers?

Not sure if it's the new version, but the "A" version works perfectly on my 2.5T. I think I can get the other filters here, it's just that the Roki filters seem to be the default filter. When I asked for oil filters for my CX-9, they gave me the Roki filters and didn't advise that there were other models nos. that would also work.

And based on pictures posted on mazdashop.ca (Scarboro Mazda Canada) website from the link provided, the oil filter they*re selling is 1WPE-14-302 made in Thailand Denso oil filter.

The description states that the pictures are to be used as a reference only. Only way to know for sure is to call and ask for the model no. and ensure that that is what they will send if you order it.

Not sure if it's the new version, but the "A" version works perfectly on my 2.5T. I think I can get the other filters here, it's just that the Roki filters seem to be the default filter. When I asked for oil filters for my CX-9, they gave me the Roki filters and didn't advise that there were other models nos. that would also work.
You have a 2.5T CX-9, and the correct OEM oil filter is PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan), not PE01-14-302A or PE01-14-302B which is for 2.5L.

PE01-14-302B is not old batch leftovers. Its installed from factory on every new CX-5 with 2.5L NA since 2017 MY. And it seems only available in Japan.

Actually there's a newer PE01-14-302B oil filter in Japan used in 2017 CX-5. Not sure if this revised "B" version Japanese made oil filter would be available in the US?

attachment.php

View attachment 216907

No, for 2.5T the OEM oil filter is different from 2.5L. They're not supposed to be interchangeable. But you'll see aftermarket oil filters use only one filter to fit every Mazda engine including 2.5T and 2.5L.

And Med Center Mazda lists correct part number, 1WPE-14-302, for Denso Thai filter. Nothing has been changed.

Here are a list of OEM oil filters for different SkyActiv-G engines:

2.5T: p/n: PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan)

2.5L: p/n: PE01-14-302A (Tokyo Roki from Japan); 1WPE-14-302 (Denso from Thailand); PE01-14-302A-MV (??? from Mexico)

Here're more info on OEM PY8W-14-302 filter for 2.5T Turbo:

also, I ordered from Med Mazda the moly oil and oil filter and just received the package this morning,

I ordered it thru eBay: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

they sent me a made in Japan oil filter new part number PY8W-14-302

(I thought this was suppose to be outsourced to Thailand or Mexico now ?)

Packaging pictures below, oil filter look to be high quality made and sealed, is this oil filter correct ?

UPDATE, just heard back from Med Mazda, seems they sent out the wrong part by accident,

New message from: mazdapartsmedcenter Top Rated Seller(4,546Red Star)
No you should have received part number 1WPE-14-302. We will ship you the correct oil filter out today. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you,

seems p/n PY8W-14-302 is for the new CX-9

For an unused oil filter, the filter material won't degrade over time right? Oil filters kept indoors in a box should be good for at least 10 years right? I want to buy filters in bulk so I have the convenience of always having filters on hand.

For an unused oil filter, the filter material won't degrade over time right? Oil filters kept indoors in a box should be good for at least 10 years right? I want to buy filters in bulk so I have the convenience of always having filters on hand.
It shouldn’t. I cleared out the entire inventory of PE01-14-302A from Med Center Mazda and got 23 Tokyo Roki oil filters when I noticed this Japanese oil filter was being superseded by the Thai filter. It should be enough at least for 15 years of oil changes on my CX-5! ;)

Last edited:
You have a 2.5T CX-9, and the correct OEM oil filter is PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan), not PE01-14-302A or PE01-14-302B which is for 2.5L.

Whoops, you're right. My mistake. I have no idea if Canadians can still get the PE01 filters from the dealer.

There are 10 302A (not MV) on eBay for 70 bucks. 10 is really 5 years worth at 7 bucks a pop. I am close to 70 bucks per Oil Change with fees and all. Mobil1 + Japan Oil Filter.
Same 302A filter is $44 for 6 - again good deal.

It should. I cleared out the entire inventory of PE01-14-302A from Med Center Mazda and got 23 Tokyo Roki oil filters when I noticed this Japanese oil filter was being superseded by the Thai filter. It should be enough at least for 15 years of oil changes on my CX-5! ;)

I will have 10 years worth of oil filters :)

There are 10 302A (not MV) on eBay for 70 bucks. 10 is really 5 years worth at 7 bucks a pop. I am close to 70 bucks per Oil Change with fees and all. Mobil1 + Japan Oil Filter.
Same 302A filter is $44 for 6 - again good deal.
Watch for those eBay and Amazon sellers. Very often they ship Thai filter although the description says Japanese filter. Theyll tell you they all genuine Mazda filters but one got superseded by another!

Watch for those eBay and Amazon sellers. Very often they ship Thai filter although the description says Japanese filter. They*ll tell you they all genuine Mazda filters but one got superseded by another!

Man is that ever the truth. Ask me how I KNOW ! LOL

I got these: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) They are the Thai 1WPE-14-302 filters. $70.42 plus tax, free shipping.
If youre looking for OEM 1WPE-14-302 Thai Denso filter, usually Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2) is cheaper.

While looking for OEM oil filter for my newly acquired 2018 Toyota Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2), I found Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA / Scion iA is rebadged Mazda (Nippon) Denso Thai filter 1WPE-14-302! 25% of Denso now owned by Toyota. So there's an alternative getting better quality Mazda OEM Thai oil filter from different sources may be with lower price.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 220451View attachment 220452

Man is that ever the truth. Ask me how I KNOW ! LOL

They got me to, and wouldn't respond when I told them they false advertised.

All good, I bought 12 of the MV for $35 shipped. Been through 2 of them already, and they work just as well as the others. $35 for enough filters to last as long as I'll probably have this CX-5 works for me.

Dropped the Mazda Moly Oil after the 4th oil change and feel good about that cost savings as well.

Latest posts

Back