Best Summer Tires

Honestly theres no such thing as the best summer tire. You can always find some deficiencies on top-rated tires. Id say the most popular one here is General AltiMAX RT43 which is the lightest tire for the size, has the best value. Continental TrueContact is a popular one too. Michelin Premier LTX is popular too for its name and performance, but its the most expensive tire for the size, and the tread life is short due to its thin 8.5/32" tread depth on the new tire.

Therere some off-brand 225/55R19 tires you can have for $80+ each which is less than half of the name-brand tires.

I was going to say the same thing.
There is no "best" tires per se.
Tire design involves all kinds of tradeoff.
You pick one that fits your needs and preferences... (including price range).

I rely on tirerack.com for selecting tires.
I might not buy from them if I could find a local store that was willing to match their prices.

Last edited:
I wonder why you would even bother with Summer tires when there are some excellent all-season tires out there that will give you many more miles of tread wear. Currently, the best bang for the buck is the General Altimax RT43 (75,000 miles wear prediction). Next up is the Continental PureContact LS (90,000 miles wear prediction).
The most expensive, but frequently rated highest in its class is the Michelin CrossClimate with a 75,000 mile wear prediction.

Latest posts

Back