engine coolant antifreeze level should be at...

:
2017 CX-5 AWD GT with TECH package
hi all
may i have your opinion on the engine coolant antifreeze level should be at, please.
a jpg is attached.
thanks much in advance.

Attachments

• 20191130_115411.jpg
    20191130_115411.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 424
That level is fine. Top it off when it*s at the L or below.

I agree. OP should use (Mazda) FL-22 coolant and fill to the *F* mark when the engine is cold.

will go dealer and get it done right.
those guys at the dealer service dept always have the excuses not to top it up to "F" mark.
thanks much yrwei52

Actually, when the engine is cold, the coolant level should be at or just above "L." Remember, the coolant level rises as the engine warms up. When the engine is warm, the level should be at or just below "F."

Actually, when the engine is cold, the coolant level should be at or just above "L." Remember, the coolant level rises as the engine warms up. When the engine is warm, the level should be at or just below "F."
OP can check his coolant level and the level should stay relatively the same when that engine is cold or warm. In other words, his coolant level will still be near the L mark even if the engine is warm. And the Owners Manual speaks for itself that you should check the coolant level when the engine is cool, and bring the coolant level to F mark when its near L.

attachment.php

16DAAA63-F9A2-4063-8C72-B7CE946EB367.jpeg

Mine came with the fluid just above the L from the factory. Thats within spec. Left it that way for 5 years until it dipped to the L. Topped it off to F. Just saying I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

My coolant was under the L so i bought some FL22 to top it up.
When i open the metal cap on the left, i noticed the black plastic tube the cap sits on, had coolant to the cap. Is that normal?

Do you usually fill up the coolant on the left metal cap or the right cap where the picture shown by OP?

Thanks

You would fill at the metal cap first (if needed). As yours is full no need to fill there. Move on and fill the plastic reservoir.

My coolant was under the L so i bought some FL22 to top it up.
When i open the metal cap on the left, i noticed the black plastic tube the cap sits on, had coolant to the cap. Is that normal?

Do you usually fill up the coolant on the left metal cap or the right cap where the picture shown by OP?

Thanks
Id like to add something to ruthrjs comment above. If youve never let the coolant way low in the plastic overflow reservoir, you usually dont need to open the (metal) radiator cap checking the coolant level inside of the radiator unless you have cooling system leak somewhere. Just add fresh FL-22 coolant into the plastic overflow reservoir to the F mark. Make sure the engine is cold when you want to open the (metal) radiator cap checking the coolant level in the radiator. The coolant should always be full reaching to the (metal) radiator cap bottom, or to the small drain hole on the radiator filler neck.

thanks so much to you all, and all your kind advice.
have a good day guys.

Back