Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impatience

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

There are so many bad drivers on the road. Many times when I am waiting to turn into my driveway cars try to squeeze around me.

Registered Member

'14 Mazda CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstMazda View Post
    Where does one get a steel rim cheap? I would like one for the spare tire.
    I ordered mine from The Tire Rack with snow tires mounted and PMS valves installed, but I'm sure most of your local tire shops can source one.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzuki View Post
    So then you have to spend more money, and time, for the wrong to be made 100% right in Canada? ...that's truly a shame. A $7k loss around here is barely in the territory of being worth the added time and expense to engage in the legal system. I love this 'no-fault' BS...it's always somebody's fault. If this is truly the case, then of course, your own insurance company would claim non-existence of the clause then. They have no interest in making you whole either, not their purpose, not their business model. It's not something they're going to make commercials advertising here either, that's for sure. IDK might be something to investigate...$7k loss last time, who knows how much this time?...adding up to some serious loss of cash through 'no-fault' of your own IMHO.
    Can't say I disagree with you. There's something inherent in wanting the other person to be penalized, especially for something so stupid as not being able to wait.

We call it "No-Fault" but that's a bit of misnomer. From the insurance company's point of view, someone is always at fault even if the police report says no one was at fault. There's a specific set of rules that determine fault and the percentage. If you rear-end someone, you're 100% at fault even if the roads were icy and you couldn't stop. Two cars colliding while merging into the same lane would both be considered 50% at fault. It mainly serves to determine how much of your deductible you have to cough up and if your premium goes up.

The logic goes something like this; before No-Fault you had to deal with the other driver's insurance company which was obviously hostile to your claim. This ended up in it taking months to get your car repaired as everything had to be approved by the other insurance company, which didn't want to pay out. With No-Fault you deal with your own insurance company.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Effort View Post
    Can't say I disagree with you. There's something inherent in wanting the other person to be penalized, especially for something so stupid as not being able to wait.

We call it "No-Fault" but that's a bit of misnomer. From the insurance company's point of view, someone is always at fault even if the police report says no one was at fault. There's a specific set of rules that determine fault and the percentage. If you rear-end someone, you're 100% at fault even if the roads were icy and you couldn't stop. Two cars colliding while merging into the same lane would both be considered 50% at fault. It mainly serves to determine how much of your deductible you have to cough up and if your premium goes up.

The logic goes something like this; before No-Fault you had to deal with the other driver's insurance company which was obviously hostile to your claim. This ended up in it taking months to get your car repaired as everything had to be approved by the other insurance company, which didn't want to pay out. With No-Fault you deal with your own insurance company.
    In Pennsylvania the "No-Fault" only applies to each parties medical expenses. Each parties insurance covers their own medical expenses. The law in PA says in order to maintain your car registration you must maintain certain minimum levels of coverage. The insurance companies then also offer uninsured & under insured coverage on our policies for when other people cause damage to us while basically breaking the insurance coverage laws. To me that's the insurance version of driving without a license.

When my first GTR was rear ended 3 months ago & totaled my insurance company (Erie) stepped in starting the day of the accident and handled everything on my end. They then went after the guilty party to recoup their expenses. It does make things go much quicker dealing with your own insurance company. Also in this case the women who hit me took full responsibility & admitted her guilt & that she hit the gas instead of the brake. She rear ended me, what other choice did she have then to accept responsibility? In this case it was clear cut, however I had other past incidents where as you describe the other driver's insurance company was definitely hostile & tried to dodge the claim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12