Magnatec 0w-20 in sale $15.15/5qts

If youre in need of oil for a change or looking to add to your stash Amazon is running a very good price on Magnatec 0w-20. Link here.
Cant open the link, must be too busy due to Black Friday!

Is it the Castrol GTX Magnatec 0W-20 full synthetic oil youre referring to? Not to be confused with Castrol GTX conventional oil (5W-30) Ive been using on my 1998 Honda CR-V with 186K miles since new.

I thought Mazda specs Castrol Edge? It a few more bucks but has Titianium.

It is interesting that the Magnatec has on the bottle "Dexos gen 2 approved" but the best Castrol oil, the extended performance, does not have that on the bottle. By the way, what is the shelf life of a sealed new bottle of oil?

It is interesting that the Magnatec has on the bottle "Dexos gen 2 approved" but the best Castrol oil, the extended performance, does not have that on the bottle. By the way, what is the shelf life of a sealed new bottle of oil?
Have never seen expiration date on any motor oil packages. I wouldnt worry too much about shelf life of these oils other than the specifications which may be out of date after many years.

General consensus is 5 years in a sealed condition. Lower if stored in bad conditions like heat or high humidity.

General consensus is 5 years in a sealed condition. Lower if stored in bad conditions like heat or high humidity.
Woops, some of my Castrol GTX stock may be over 5 years old ⋯ ;)

The Magnatech 5W-30 is also on sale at many places for about $16 or $17 and free shipping for a 5 quart jug. That is a great deal.
I found an ebay shipper who offers free shipping and since I have some PayPal credit available I'm going to use it up. My Generac generator also requires 5W-30 synthetic so I'll buy a couple of jugs at that price. That's about half of what Mobil 1 5W-30 is going for at the moment.

Back