Retro video of 2013 CX-5

Thats my baby. Auto tho, not manual.

There must be good reasons Motor Trend and others gave the cx5 numerous awards. It gave (gives) outstanding fuel economy and performance considering the ample space and utility it provides.

There must be good reasons Motor Trend and others gave the cx5 numerous awards. It gave (gives) outstanding fuel economy and performance considering the ample space and utility it provides.

I read and watched tons of reviews before I bought.

Every one of them said "Fun to drive," "It's a driver's car," and "Near-luxury car interior."

That was starting in the spring of 2018. They still say the same thing. Apparently, they were saying it long before then.

They really did shape the crossover segment with the CX-5. Anybody remember the commercials back in 2012 when this clunky car with goofy panels was driving, and with each bounce and jolt a clunky panel flew off? The message was that nobody could get their vehicle right but Mazda did. Underneath was the CX-5, what the crossover was meant to be. I knew what was the car I wanted at the end of the year.

Hah, found it. I forgot it was done like the Six Million Dollar Man.

Last edited:
That*s my baby. Auto tho, not manual.

2013 1st gen represent! LOL.

0-60 in 9.6 for the Manual so probably 9.3 for the Auto. Straight up would embarrass 1992 Buick Skylarks, 1995 Chevy Cavaliers, and 1993 Geo Prisms at the red light. Justsayin'.

Yet another reminder that this forum is not for the average Joe *shrug* lol

Back