Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen CX-5 Design and Content Suggestions

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoomForever View Post
    I'd be a buyer as well. But, in it's current state, the CX-5 GTR/Sig is fading fast off my list of next cars. I too, absolutely love the x3 M40i and have put one through the ringers and it is fun and quite quick and handles well, however, I don't think I can break down and buy one, plus the options are ridiculous. As time goes buy, I'm leaning towards a used Macan Turbo in my garage, and hoping to steal a gently used one at a great price. I'd rather buy something new though, so here's to hoping.
    So, ZoomZoomNotForever?

Registered Member

Soon to be 2.5T CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    So, ZoomZoomNotForever?
    I guess not. Mazda hasnít Zoomed Zoomed in forever anyways...

Itís sad, but true.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoomForever View Post
    I'd be a buyer as well. But, in it's current state, the CX-5 GTR/Sig is fading fast off my list of next cars. I too, absolutely love the x3 M40i and have put one through the ringers and it is fun and quite quick and handles well, however, I don't think I can break down and buy one, plus the options are ridiculous. As time goes buy, I'm leaning towards a used Macan Turbo in my garage, and hoping to steal a gently used one at a great price. I'd rather buy something new though, so here's to hoping.
    As the price goes up, I have a harder and harder time with it. For example, a Mustang GT can be had for $30K that will stomp a mudhole in these sporty SUV's costing $50-70K. So I really just have an emotional issue with buying one. The CX5 GT-R performs about like a WRX or Civic SI or something at least in a straight line, and stickers for about the same loaded out. It's just a much easier emotional "sell" for me than dropping $60K on a CUV that "might hang with entry level real sporty vehicles that cost half as much".

That said, I have a huge affinity for the SRT Jeeps. I hate FCA, but they look, sound, and are so damn nice!

Registered Member

I got one...how about real functional roof rails that would allow me to quickly add ( and subtract ) wide crossbars to haul a couple of canoes ( think wider than the stupid factory jokes ) like my 2005 Outback does. The current system is pathetic and is a posers ( most forum members ) dream come true.
    Last edited by Tar Heel; 11-24-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

Wish list

The front seat bottom is small/narrow, side mirrors- no auto dimming (so far not a big deal), no turn down mirrors in reverse, (miss this feature but 360į camera view is nice, resolution quality is very poor (I think this is the biggest letdown if the car; can you swap out for a better camera?). NO side mirror memory driver 1&2 (should be standard with memory seats), seat setting buttons not lit and difficult to see at night at the side position. No TPMS for individual tire pressure read out on display. EMERGENCY BRAKING & blind spot notification tone is weak (easy to mistake tone for something not important, Lane keep assist (centering) doesn't work, notification of being out of lane yes but no auto assist as compared to my 2017 Honda Pilot Elite (there is no way to increase assist?). Automatic breaking works as well as the Pilot. Adaptive Cruise Control works great but while in stop & go traffic breaking can sometimes be too aggressive. Emergency braking flashes BRAKE in the heads-up (can wash out in sun) AND it should flash in center display/instrument cluster. The Bose system is okay but I expected better. Single unlock getting in & then all unlock engine off no option to change. Remote engine start from factory fob should be standard. The shifter wrap & boot should've been real leather to match the seats. Screen brightness should be independent from dashboard gauge brightness, and the little old school fragile adjustment stick is in an awkward location to make adjustments (dash button would work). Hybrid!

Registered Member

Mazda3

So does anyone know if the 2017+ CX-5 is a mid cycle refresh or is it supposed to be a full redesign of the 2016? If it is a mid cycle refresh, then a full re-design should be coming soon. If it was a full re-design, then itís likely they just add a few things to it over the next few years.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    So does anyone know if the 2017+ CX-5 is a mid cycle refresh or is it supposed to be a full redesign of the 2016? If it is a mid cycle refresh, then a full re-design should be coming soon. If it was a full re-design, then it*s likely they just add a few things to it over the next few years.
    2017 was an all-new redesign, I do not know of many parts that swap between the first and 2nd gen.

I believe the next redesign/model won't be until the CX-50 comes, probably will be announced late 2020, and available early 2021ish.
    Last edited by mazdadude; 11-25-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    Mazda's I have owned over the years. (boom07)
    80' Mazda GLC SPORT MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    85' Mazda 626 LX MT - sold
    87' Mazda 626 GT Turbo MT - sold
    85' Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE MT- sold
    87' Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2 MT - sold
    91' Mazda Protege LX MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    93' Mazda MX-3 GS-V6 Special Edition MT - sold
    00' Mazda 626 LX-V6 MT - sold
    02.5' Mazda Protege5 MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    06' Mazda 5 Touring AT - sold
    13' Mazda CX-5 Touring AT - sold
    14' Mazda 3i Grand Touring MT - sold
    15' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - sold
    03' Mazda Protege5 AT - sold
    09' Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT - sold
    16.5' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - current

Registered Member

2018 cx5 GT

Donít waste your time sending it to them. They could care less. It was hard enough trying to tell them this stuff when you worked for them lol.
    What they need to do is stop trying to waste money on ooo soft touch dash who cars Iím not sleeping on it. Put money into the quality of the actual car. Donít be a ignorant company and do what people want not what they think is the best.
    Like the heated steering wheel thatís only half heated. They push it down your throat oh thatís how your should drive with your hands there lol guess what most people donít heat the hole thing. Itís stuff like that they lack.
    Get rid of any type of infotainment screen put a basic radio. Screens are just a distraction and not needed junk to waste money on.
    I have said my bit lol.

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroman View Post
    Don*t waste your time sending it to them. They could care less. It was hard enough trying to tell them this stuff when you worked for them lol.
    What they need to do is stop trying to waste money on ooo soft touch dash who cars I*m not sleeping on it. Put money into the quality of the actual car. Don*t be a ignorant company and do what people want not what they think is the best.
    Like the heated steering wheel that*s only half heated. They push it down your throat oh that*s how your should drive with your hands there lol guess what most people don*t heat the hole thing. It*s stuff like that they lack.
    Get rid of any type of infotainment screen put a basic radio. Screens are just a distraction and not needed junk to waste money on.
    I have said my bit lol.
    You mean you worked for Mazda? I haven't.

While it's true to a large extent, suggestions are sometimes implemented. Can't hurt sending it to a few important people. I'd rather have a stronger product if I do buy another Mazda.

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Easy:

Bring back the Kodo swoop!
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 87k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

add the Panoroof already. I don't care if it takes a hit on performance. I'm sure i'll never feel the difference anyways, not like i'm driving the car to it's limits. Make it an option so potential customers can pick and choose.

btw OP you just opened up a big can of worms...everyone has something to say, and there will be opinions not everyone will agree on.
    Last edited by Young-nyc; 11-26-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Registered Member

Cx-5 Sport

Almost everything in my interior is jet black. This makes it hard to see things in the dark. I lined the inside of my console with white contact shelf paper. It helps me see whats in there.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroman View Post
    I've often commented that for all the nanny devices on these cars, these systems take a universal long-time accessory and turn them into major safety hazards.

I could push the specific station button I wanted (out of 12 presets) without even looking on my prior vehicles, just out of habit/memory. This system lacks instant "blind" selection of a radio preset, requiring me to read a screen merely to change a channel. Sure, Voice Recognition sometimes works, if it's loaded properly and if you're in the right screen...
    Last edited by Avoidin Deer; 11-28-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

Sometimes I reach for the temperature control knob to adjust audio level, old habits, lol

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2 View Post
    Sometimes I reach for the temperature control knob to adjust audio level, old habits, lol
    Yup. I've done it.

I still occasionally reach to turn off the ignition/remove the keys, move my arm as though to put the column shift in Park, and pump my left leg trying to apply the parking brake.

I'm surprised I survived going back & forth between my automatic pickup and my manual shift Volvo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast