Next Gen CX-5 Design and Content Suggestions

May I suggest maxpider liners,perfect fit covers dead pedal,unlike weather techs, I got them from Auto Everyting...

And don't get WeatherTechs, because they only cover half of the deal pedal. Kinda pointless...

My EPB but it hasnt stuck on but I try park on level ground with the brake off. It would suck to have trouble with it because of cold weather.

I wish the would bring back the 6MT.

No more touchscreen lockout... makes no sense to lock this feature out. You're paying for the touchscreen. Touch inputs can be as direct if not more so than those with a controller. There is a Carplay button that I can not press and it is irritating.

This could even be enabled with a software update, but never will be.

A delay on the backup cam, like 5+ seconds, when you take it out of reverse that would allow a longer view.

Sub 80 mile EV with Range Extender.
A Plug in Hybrid with 30 mile range + the 2Liter gas engine to supplement.
- PHEV starting around 35K and EV around 40K.
Replace 2.5 G with 2.0 Sky X and keep 2.5T for higher trims.

What about SA-X 2.5T? I wonder if that could work...it might lead to some absolute animal torque down low along with a solid top-end performer. The ultra-high compression would lend to efficiency. It really sounds sexy on paper...

I will admit, my 2.5T is legit the gateway drug that gets me into an actual performance SUV one day, I fear. I hope it can be japanese and not german, but...

I just use Mazda Canada floormats. Covers the dead.
Yeah Mazda Canada Premium Floor Liners are the best. But without a dead pedal plastic cover like most others have, it feels cheap.

What about SA-X 2.5T? I wonder if that could work...it might lead to some absolute animal torque down low along with a solid top-end performer. The ultra-high compression would lend to efficiency. It really sounds sexy on paper...

I will admit, my 2.5T is legit the gateway drug that gets me into an actual performance SUV one day, I fear. I hope it can be japanese and not german, but...
SkyActiv-X 2.0L already has a super charger and spark ignition.

L
Better yet, Skyactiv-X 3.0L inline-6
That would be absolutely epic. Easily should pull 350bhp out of it along with notable torque. That would be a legit Japanese AMG43 GLC if they stuffed it in the CX5, and managed to fix the weight dist.

Mazda SkyActiv-X 2.0L engine has been confirmed with 178 hp, 165 lb-ft in Euro market. What make you think SkyActiv-X 3.0L, if available, would gain 96.6% more hp power with only 50% of additional engine displacement?

L

Mazda SkyActiv-X 2.0L engine has been confirmed with 178 hp, 165 lb-ft in Euro market. What make you think SkyActiv-X 3.0L, if available, would gain 96.6% more hp power with only 50% of additional engine displacement?

BMW's I6 3.2L made 333bhp over a decade and a half ago...I'd hope Mazda could make 350 in 2019 with only .2L less...

Yeah Mazda Canada Premium Floor Liners are the best. But without a dead pedal plastic cover like most others have, it feels cheap.

Along with the dead pedal, I would like to see Mazda add a non-slip pad/plate for the heel, on all versions of the driver's floor mat.

Pano roof and better audio (either as an option or as part of a tech upgrade package).

Body-coloured plastic trim (as an option).

Give it an updated transmission with more gears(unlikely)

LED turn signals like the Mazda3

Widescreen 8.8 Infotainment like the Mazda3

Updated infotainment like the Mazda3

Touch sensor to unlock on doors

Higher resolution camera for rear/360 '

Thicker front seats with more bolstering

New steering wheel design like the Mazda3

Back