Broken End Cap on 2016 CX-5 Cargo Cover

I have a cargo cover for a 2016 CX-5, and the end cap on one side of it has broken. See photo for reference:

JkgwGNY.png

Mazda locally tells me this couple dollar piece of plastic isn't a part they can get, and I have to replace the entire otherwise completely-OK cargo cover. Can anybody offer any suggestions on how I can get a replacement?

How did you break the End Cap? They just don't break in normal use. They seem quite sturdy on my CX5.

Find a friend with a 3D printer.... :)

Would be nice to see the pic (broken end cap).
Either superglue it or 3D print a replacement.

Be careful of the ebay covers...I have one, now about three months old...that the pin pulled out of the plastic end cap. Also, the roller spring will not always retract the cover leaving it loose over the cargo area. I have done a repair on the pin today. I hope it will hold. Part of the problem is the cover will not release easily to allow the pin to be removed from the lift door mounted latch. It may be worth paying the exorbitant Mazda price to get something more reliable.

How did you break the End Cap? They just don't break in normal use. They seem quite sturdy on my CX5.

It got smashed when I was loading up the car with stuff. I glued and repaired it once, but then it got smashed again and has completely split apart in multiple places. There's no fixing it unfortunately.

Back