Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 302hp RAV4

2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
    Guessing the MSRP is going to be north of $40k. Having just purchased the gas version, I take a little comfort knowing I likely couldn*t afford this Prime trim, lol
    Don't think it will be that extreme. Probably around $32-35k for the base Prime model if I had to guess. The Prius Prime isn't that much of an increase over the regular Prius. Plus, with the Rav4 like the Prius, it will be eligible for a the federal rebate. I've seen rumors the battery size is 17.8KW, which I think would make it qualify for the full $7,500 rebate, which will greatly drop the price, below that of even a gas or hybrid version. Same thing is going on for the Prius, the Primes with the rebate are cheaper than the regular version.

Current: 2017 CX-5 GT Machine Gray
    Past: 2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech Crystal White
    Hardwired V1 - (click here for instructions: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-a-Valentine-1)

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Ah, good points with the rebates. Toyota has a lot of room left to qualify. I think 100,000 or so more units before it phases out for them.

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    Can't you guys ever be happy?
    No, you're right. Asking a car manufacturer we like to keep their vehicles updated and offer products we are willing to pay for is waaaaaaay to much. Bring back the 626...amiritefam?

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

Quote Originally Posted by clownshoes2 View Post
    No, you're right. Asking a car manufacturer we like to keep their vehicles updated and offer products we are willing to pay for is waaaaaaay to much. Bring back the 626...amiritefam?
    It's not that, it's the continual snowflake whining. Oh, VW is coming out with 300hp, Mazda sucks.

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
    And then you embrace your inner Clark Griswold and do this:

https://giphy.com/gifs/car-deer-midd...-BMjPYvYhhVSLu as image won*t load for me lol.

Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 11-20-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Registered Member

Lol!!! Thanks Chris!

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Seems to me that Mazda's focus on driving (and the sales of the CX-5) has the other mainstream brands developing models/trims to bring those customers back. Mazda should respond with more innovation in handling/driving experience, as they always have. Likely they will announce a mid-cycle refresh or a new model in late fall 2020 for production in 2021. I'm excited to see what they bring to the table.

Toyota is launching a 3 pronged attack on Mazda, Honda and Subaru with the RAV4:

Mazda: XSE trim Hybrid offers tuned sporty suspension. More aggresive styling on XSE trims. Substantial increase in power and fuel economy over CX-5 Turbo.

Honda: Equivalent interior space. Better MPG with PHEV over standard CRV Hybrid. RAV4 offers likely better long term reliability due to no Turbo or cylinder deactivation.

Subaru: RAV4 has more rugged look, offers AWD with multi-terrain mode and better fuel economy. Likely better long term reliability as well.

They're going for the kill with this new generation RAV4. I personally love it since it forces everyone else to step up their game. It's a win-win for consumers.
    Last edited by Paulson; 11-20-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    Toyota is launching a 3 pronged attack on Mazda, Honda and Subaru with the RAV4:

Mazda: XSE trim Hybrid offers tuned sporty suspension. More aggresive styling on XSE trims. Substantial increase in power and fuel economy over CX-5 Turbo.

Honda: Equivalent interior space. Better MPG with PHEV over standard CRV Hybrid. RAV4 offers likely better long term reliability due to no Turbo or cylinder deactivation.

Subaru: RAV4 has more rugged look, offers AWD with multi-terrain mode and better fuel economy. Likely better long term reliability as well.

They're going for the kill with this new generation RAV4. I personally love it since it forces everyone else to step up their game. It's a win-win for consumers.
    RE: Honda, don't forget about Toyota bumping the warranty on their batteries to 10 years/150k. That's a nice move to help alleviate battery replacement concerns.

RE: Subaru, they don't have anything to worry about. Subaru's AWD will always be better, and Toyota's multi-terrain AWD on the RAV4 is nothing more than a gimmick. The CX-5 beats it in a lot of the tests I've seen online, and it does it without multi-terrain select.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Mazda Executives: We have a new font on the rear hatch of the CX-5. We also gave it an extra 10 pounds of torque and fake engine noise. That should be good enough to compete with the CRV and RAV4 Hybrids...
    What's the story with fake engine noise? I haven't heard about that.

I'd like a Mazda plug-in hybrid like the CX-5. I don't need more than 200 HP though. Would like a higher towing capacity.

Registered Member

sounds great if iI didn't have to plug it in...

Registered Member

2013 CX5 GT, 2014 Mazda 6 GT

Mazda is not getting something about the US market and the competition...
    1) why mazda is avoiding electric drives while having under 30mpg combined? and all other automakers use them nicely?
    2) why introduce another subcompact SUV to the US? what about something larger than CX9?
    3) why AWD on mazda 3 and not on mazda 6?
    4) where is the mazda speed?
    5) where is the mazda 6 wagon?
    6) why do you have dealerships that are sillling parts for twice as much what the other dealerships charge in a 100mile radius?
    7) some dealirships are good but some are worse than midas/carx/anything else
    8) oh, and why mazda keeps shoving these 19" (or 20" now?) wheels on cx5/m6 top trims? the ride is crap and the tires are $$$. give the 17" please and stop this low-profile nonsense.
    Last edited by VictorK; 11-20-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    sounds great if iI didn't have to plug it in...
    Likely donít have to if you donít want to. When the plug in battery is depleted itíll operate as a hybrid vehicle. It would be kind of dumb to spend that premium and not plug it in overnight for the fuel savings on your commute though.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part

[snip]
    Except that Toyota and Mazda are in bed together.

Last I looked, Toyota owns 5% of Mazda's stock.
    Mazda's financial statement is full of references to the Toyota/Mazda partnership.
    I believe Mazda intends to license Toyota's electric engine technology and incorporate it into Zoom Zoom.

So I'm not certain there is predatory behaviour here...although I may be wrong.

2017 BMW X1

Will the Rav4 Prime still look like a toy on the inside?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast