Received a Mazda email: CX-30 to debut in L.A. Wednesday Nov 20

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Got this email from Mazda this afternoon.

Big reveal tomorrow afternoon at the L.A. Convention Center, along with other 2020 models.

Over 30 still..no cooled seats, torsion rear..gotta go w/Kia between these 2, at least on paper. Mazda's interior will be nicer, no paddles for Kia but looks to be a somewhat more useful ute.

Over 30 still..no cooled seats, torsion rear..gotta go w/Kia between these 2, at least on paper. Mazda's interior will be nicer, no paddles for Kia but looks to be a somewhat more useful ute.

When Mazdas version of a torsion rear (different than a traditional torsion) has proven to work very well and makes the car handle excellent, why would it be a detractor?

The Mazda or the Hyundai? Either way is Hyundai honestly freaking kidding me w/this??..can't believe what I'm seeing w/them really. Its conceivable our stable (typically 3) goes from German/Japanese to all KDM within the next 3 years or so..pretty crazy, 0 desire to own another BMW, hate where the brand has gone.

What 3 you ask?
1. VN ain't goin anywhere soon..unless its replaced a mid-engined like kind..wow
2. Wife going Telluride SX probably next year (from Highlander) just offed their beloved CX-9 in C/D 10Best..
3. Seltos replacing CX-5 that one's fairly questionable at this stage but certainly possible.

Last edited:
^^Yet to be determined, I'm sure tuned by Mazda its generally fine- but if given the option of a vehicle with an independent vs a torsion rear- all things being equal gimme the indo rear- that's all I'm saying..and this:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...138/hyundai-mid-engine-sports-car-production/

WHAAT!!?

I really don't think most people would cross-shop a CX-30 with that RM19. Completely different philosophies behind each car.

Also, I really don't think Mazda's in the business of making their cars handle or drive worse. Slower, sure. I'd say its a pretty safe bet that the torsion beam rear is as good or better than the outgoing suspension, with the added benefit of cost reduction and extra cargo space. Time will tell.

Haha yeah prolly not just didn't know which car he was referring to..as they do both look good and I'd referenced the RM19..because LA, because.. wow

Back