Hello Mazda! - US News Best Car Brand 2019

I don't put much stock in US News and World report. Surprised they're still around. No longer in print, just on-line.

I don't put much stock in US News and World report. Surprised they're still around. No longer in print, just on-line.

I'm the same way with Consumer Reports.

I moved into my current home in 2010 and was buying all new appliances, so I subscribed to CR.

Wherever there was at least 20 User Reviews for an appliance, I included them in my data set and graphed them out. The visual was quite surprising. It looked like an "X." Nearly everything CR rated as high, Users rated as low, and vice versa. They were diametrically opposed. Of course, I did not renew my subscription.

I've wanted to upload those graphs whenever someone posts a CR article just to lend perspective, but I must have deleted them.

It's funny, I've got friends who would never make a major purchase of a product lacking a solid CR endorsement.

I'm the same way with Consumer Reports.

I moved into my current home in 2010 and was buying all new appliances, so I subscribed to CR.

Wherever there was at least 20 User Reviews for an appliance, I included them in my data set and graphed them out. The visual was quite surprising. It looked like an "X." Nearly everything CR rated as high, Users rated as low, and vice versa. They were diametrically opposed. Of course, I did not renew my subscription.

I've wanted to upload those graphs whenever someone posts a CR article just to lend perspective, but I must have deleted them.

It's funny, I've got friends who would never make a major purchase of a product lacking a solid CR endorsement.

The best place to get appliance reviews is talk to the guys that service them. I have a guy that I call for repairs on Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, etc. Those guys service most brands and they will tell you straight up which ones are good and which ones aren't.

Back