Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hello Mazda! - US News Best Car Brand 2019

  1. #1
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    42

    Hello Mazda! - US News Best Car Brand 2019

    Mazda is the best car brand in the USA for the fifth year in a row - Days after scoring high on reliability rankings from Consumer Reports, the Japanese car manufacturer Mazda will take home the title of Best Car Brand.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ds/4223273002/

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    8,140
    Quote Originally Posted by aditto View Post
    Mazda is the best car brand in the USA for the fifth year in a row - Days after scoring high on reliability rankings from Consumer Reports, the Japanese car manufacturer Mazda will take home the title of Best Car Brand.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ds/4223273002/
    Nice! Not CX5 related though.

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    820
    I don't put much stock in US News and World report. Surprised they're still around. No longer in print, just on-line.

  4. #4
    Registered Member
    Contributor

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    I don't put much stock in US News and World report. Surprised they're still around. No longer in print, just on-line.
    I'm the same way with Consumer Reports.

    I moved into my current home in 2010 and was buying all new appliances, so I subscribed to CR.

    Wherever there was at least 20 User Reviews for an appliance, I included them in my data set and graphed them out. The visual was quite surprising. It looked like an "X." Nearly everything CR rated as high, Users rated as low, and vice versa. They were diametrically opposed. Of course, I did not renew my subscription.

    I've wanted to upload those graphs whenever someone posts a CR article just to lend perspective, but I must have deleted them.

    It's funny, I've got friends who would never make a major purchase of a product lacking a solid CR endorsement.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I'm the same way with Consumer Reports.

    I moved into my current home in 2010 and was buying all new appliances, so I subscribed to CR.

    Wherever there was at least 20 User Reviews for an appliance, I included them in my data set and graphed them out. The visual was quite surprising. It looked like an "X." Nearly everything CR rated as high, Users rated as low, and vice versa. They were diametrically opposed. Of course, I did not renew my subscription.

    I've wanted to upload those graphs whenever someone posts a CR article just to lend perspective, but I must have deleted them.

    It's funny, I've got friends who would never make a major purchase of a product lacking a solid CR endorsement.
    The best place to get appliance reviews is talk to the guys that service them. I have a guy that I call for repairs on Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, etc. Those guys service most brands and they will tell you straight up which ones are good and which ones aren't.

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Mazda CX-5 vs. 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Car&Driver)
    By bigtex in forum CX-5 General
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 06-22-2019, 10:46 AM
  2. Consumer Reports 2019 Brand Report Card
    By Colorado_2018 in forum CX-5 General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-24-2019, 11:55 PM
  3. 2017~2020 20 wheel weights on brand new 2019?
    By blwag in forum CX-5 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 08:43 AM
  4. 2007 C&D 10 Best: good news and bad news for Mazda
    By P5w3kids in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •