Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Test drove 2019 CX-5. Disappointed

Registered Member

I plan to use the auto mirror fold feature until the warranty expires. Then, turn it off.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature Machine Grey

We plan too keep our signature long term.I negotiated a 9 year/100k mile(I know, really 6 year,64k) extended warranty down to $1500. The 2 items that concerned me with failure were the mirrors and adaptive headlights.Warranty is full or partial refundable if we sell early/trade early.Bit of a gamble l am comfortable with.We don*t use auto fold unless at Walmart etc.(hey where else can you buy washer fluid,underwear and meat) and never in freezing wet or snow.Love our Sig. Happy motoring!

Registered Member

2019 Cx-9 GT

I could be wrong but the adaptive lights may not be covered under the warranty- specially the LEDs- did you check with them. If they are then I may get it for my 2019 CX-9.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vdev View Post
    I could be wrong but the adaptive lights may not be covered under the warranty- specially the LEDs- did you check with them. If they are then I may get it for my 2019 CX-9.
    My E.W. Is with Zurich thru my dealer,Della Mazda autogroup.I did ask about the headlights and they said covered.It is there comprehensive plan,the highest plan offered.I will call Zurich and confirm.The adaptive headlight unit I believe has intergrated LED*s,which according to Mazda are good for 30 years,they should outlast the vehicle.There is a contol unit/ box that runs the system.The warranty states glass lenses,sealed beams,light bulbs are not covered.Like I say will confirm coverage.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacandagadan View Post
    My E.W. Is with Zurich thru my dealer,Della Mazda autogroup.I did ask about the headlights and they said covered.It is there comprehensive plan,the highest plan offered.I will call Zurich and confirm.The adaptive headlight unit I believe has intergrated LED*s,which according to Mazda are good for 30 years,they should outlast the vehicle.There is a contol unit/ box that runs the system.The warranty states glass lenses,sealed beams,light bulbs are not covered.Like I say will confirm coverage.

Registered Member

Ok,just confirmed with Zurich.Entire adaptive headlight assembly is covered,if led lamp fails entire unit would be replaced,happy,happy...

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

Quote Originally Posted by mreg376 View Post
    Actually I never saw the point of folding the mirrors, either automatically or manually, and I live in tight-spaced NYC. When the mirrors are in their normal position other cars and bikes have to steer clear of them, which actually protects the sides of your vehicle. If the mirrors are folded, that allows other vehicles and bikes to edge CLOSER to your vehicle. I'd rather have the mirror hit than the fenders and doors, and I've never had more than minor scratches on the mirrors, which fold forward when they're hit, alleviating the force.
    yeah but that one instance where a truck happens to go by thinking it cleared your unfolded mirrors and rips it away, is when you realize, i should've folded the mirrors.

Registered Member

can mirrors be folded in manually?

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    can mirrors be folded in manually?
    Yes, rotate mirror wheel 180 degrees.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    Yes, rotate mirror wheel 180 degrees.
    No, I mean manually as in physically pushing the mirror in. The reason I ask is because I did do it once and it folded easily...but not sure I was suppose to.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    No, I mean manually as in physically pushing the mirror in. The reason I ask is because I did do it once and it folded easily...but not sure I was suppose to.
    The bottom of Page 3-32 in the manual says it's OK.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    The bottom of Page 3-32 in the manual says it's OK.
    great!!..no need to use the power then at all. I live in rural area and never park on city streets. If I do need to occasionally fold them in, it would most likely be driver's side and I can manually do it if motor ever failed.
    But weren't some worried about mirrors being stuck folded in? Just push it back out..right?

Edit: just saw this in the manual:
    "Use the outside mirror switch to set the
    mirror to the on-road position:
    Setting the power folding outside mirror to
    the on-road position by hand is dangerous.
    The mirror will not lock in position and will
    prevent effective rearview visibility."

So manually pushing mirror back out does not lock it in place whereas using the motor would? That seems odd..I did it manually and remember it snapping into position.
    Last edited by theplayer11; 12-03-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718