eBay sill protectors any good?

:
Mazda CX-5 GTR 2019
There is no way I will pay the price for OEM lighted sill protectors but, for $30, these look worth thinking about. Has anyone tried these, or similar units? I guess my main concern is how well they fit the sill surface as there is a bit of a lip near the back so the sill is not 100% flat.

https://tinyurl.com/wugheho

Tim

s-l1600.jpg

Ooh interesting...those are exactly what I'm looking for! The lighted ones are just over the top IMO.

Will be curious to see if anyone has anyfeed back on these!

I purchased the same door sill guards, still waiting on delivery. Will post a picture once they arrive and are installed.

True. The OE one is very expensive, but the cool factor costs $$$.
I have bought some accessories from eBay. Often they did not fit well.
Ended up waste of money. Hope you guys have better luck.

True. The OE one is very expensive, but the cool factor costs $$$.
I have bought some accessories from eBay. Often they did not fit well.
Ended up waste of money. Hope you guys have better luck.

I agree the OEM are crazy over priced but they still make me smile when I open my doors. Bought them online for much less then the dealer & installed myself.

Any additional pictures yet? I am looking for any that go over the outer edge which is where the scratches are most likely for me.

There is no way I will pay the price for OEM lighted sill protectors but, for $30, these look worth thinking about. Has anyone tried these, or similar units? I guess my main concern is how well they fit the sill surface as there is a bit of a lip near the back so the sill is not 100% flat.

I hadn't seen this thread before, but I got similar, but not quite the same, ones as the pic in the first post. Very happy with the fit and finish. They are almost the same length as the ridge in the sill, and they do have a little step in the underside to fit over that ridge. I'm happy with them.

These are the ones I got ~$16 shipped for 4 sills: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32873826905.html

You can get the non-illuminated 2013-16 OEM sills on eBay for about $100, but I’m not sure if they fit post-2016

Back