2016~2023 How do you disable Sirius XM?

Hi,

Anyone has an idea how to disable Sirius XM or at least to get rid of it in the menus?

The car is a 2019 CX-9 imported from Canada to EU. Sirius has no coverage whatsoever here, and I gradually got fed up with all those useless Sirius-related items cluttering the menus.

Recently, I flashed the 70.00.100 EU firmware over the original NE (same version). This gave me the wifi and enabled the connected services. I was hoping it would get rid of Sirius at the same time, but there are still some leftovers. See the attachments below.

All in all not a big deal, just annoying.

I have basically two ideas:

1) Disconnect the Sirius hardware module
or
2) Repeat the firmware installation, assuming that the leftovers may be due to some irregularities during the first re-flash.

I would start by trying to disconnect the module but I have no clue where to find it. No search results for this model.

Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_20191112_192446.png
IMG_20191112_192453.png

I’d like to do the same... I’m up in Alaska where Sirius coverage is pretty sparse and I get the “No SiriusXM Signal” message constantly despite turning off all features that use the signal. I’ve updated the infotainment firmware to NA .335 and it’s still there.

Upvote 0
If you disconnect the hardware module, you may start getting an error message on this thread ("Check Sirius Tuner"):

I was seeing this today on my CX-9.

Upvote 0
Back