Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Ranked Highly by CR

Mazzippy70

Mazda CX-5 Touring

Mazda if you are listening....Hurry up and take this CR ranking opportunity and put together some Holiday TV ads - something like a giant GREEN bow on top of all your RED cars, all parked in snow. Your sales figure will definitely improve.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT PP

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Unfortunately the ranking keeps dropping since 2015, to #6, then to #12 in 2018.
    Actually, CR gives the 2018 CX-5 their highest rating for reliability. It ties the 2018 Subaru Forester for reliability, is just a bit below the 2018 RAV4, and way better than the Hyundai Tucson. Owner satisfaction is way higher than the RAV4 and nearly the same as the Forester.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Mazda Ranked Highly by CR

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    Interesting that you stopped at 2018. They were ranked #4 last year.
    In my post Iíve quoted your comment of Mazdaís CR ranking as number 2 overall for 2020, and I didnít mention 2016 ranking either. Why thereís a need to repeat your words and other rankings for every year when my point is consistency?

I said ďconsistency is the keyĒ, #4 -> #4 -> #6 -> #12 -> #4 -> #2 since 2015 is not consistent for reliability rating.

Mazzippy70

Mazda CX-5 Touring

So based on 2020 CR Predicted Reliability ranking being #2, does this mean Cylinder deactivation/Rocker arm issue is rare and far in between?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

In my post I*ve quoted your comment of Mazda*s CR ranking as number 2 overall for 2020, and I didn*t mention 2016 ranking either. Why there*s a need to repeat your words and other rankings for every year when my point is consistency?

I said *consistency is the key*, #4 -> #4 -> #6 -> #12 -> #4 -> #2 since 2015 is not consistent for reliability rating.
    Actually, this is what you stated:

... Unfortunately the ranking keeps dropping since 2015, to #6, then to #12 in 2018. ...
    That has been proven inaccurate, so I'll leave it at that.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Tran7270 View Post
    So based on 2020 CR Predicted Reliability ranking being #2, does this mean Cylinder deactivation/Rocker arm issue is rare and far in between?
    Bingo!

Arrow Mazda Ranked Highly by CR

Quote Originally Posted by COmtn View Post
    Unfortunately the ranking keeps dropping since 2015, to #6, then to #12 in 2018.
    Actually, CR gives the 2018 CX-5 their highest rating for reliability. It ties the 2018 Subaru Forester for reliability, is just a bit below the 2018 RAV4, and way better than the Hyundai Tucson. Owner satisfaction is way higher than the RAV4 and nearly the same as the Forester.
    Yeah, but weíre discussing BRAND reliability rating from Consumer Reports the OP started with.

And based on my info, Mazda3 was the most reliable vehicle from Mazda for 2018.

Just ran into an old post in CX-9 forum and found the latest Consumer Reports Car Brands Reliability ranking. Unforyunatrly Mazdaís reliability keeps dropping now itís #12 dropped 6 spots from 2016! The brand reliability now is behind Honda、Hyundai、Nissan, the only one worse than Mazda among all Asian brands is Acura! I personally donít read too much into CR since they faked roll-over reports on Suzuki Samurai and Isuzu Trooper, but their reliability data is still the best collected from thousands of vehicle owners since 1960ís. This also coincides my feeling on Mazdaís quality and reliability during my almost 3 years of ownership on our 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD. Iím gradually losing confidence on our CX-5ís longevity after many things in our CX-5 started falling apart. Before anyone jumping into conclusion that CR is not trustworthy on reliability data, in 2015 when we purchased our CX-5, the salesman proudly showed me the reliability ranking from CR, at that time Mazda was #4! And that was part of reason we made the purchase, and kept recommending it to friends and family.

Car Brands Reliability: How They Stack Up

Ranking the brands and showing their most and least reliable cars

Attachment 217979

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    Actually, this is what you stated:

That has been proven inaccurate, so I'll leave it at that.
    Yeah, I can change it on wording *

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

My 2014 back in 2013 was basically a brand new model. I took a chance and so far so good.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 87k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstMazda View Post
    Speaking of reliability, I don't know how reliable CR is, they have Porche as #4 and Honda at #12. In general I think Mazda is making very reliable cars and the odds of getting a good one is high.
    What makes you think those rankings are out of whack? Porsche makes nearly flawless cars, they just have expensive maintenance schedules. And it ain*t 2003 anymore - Honda is in a free fall in terms of reliability and several publications have taken notice. Go browse a Passport or CRV forum and you*ll see how much of a mess Honda has made lately.

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
    What makes you think those rankings are out of whack? Porsche makes nearly flawless cars, they just have expensive maintenance schedules. And it ain*t 2003 anymore - Honda is in a free fall in terms of reliability and several publications have taken notice. Go browse a Passport or CRV forum and you*ll see how much of a mess Honda has made lately.

You can't really compare a Mazda forum to a Honda one. Honda sells 3-4 times more vehicles than Mazda, so of course you're going to see more problems from owners.

If I went to an IPhone forum, I'm going to see more threads related to problems then lets say a LG forum.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    You can't really compare a Mazda forum to a Honda one. Honda sells 3-4 times more vehicles than Mazda, so of course you're going to see more problems from owners.

If I went to an IPhone forum, I'm going to see more threads related to problems then lets say a LG forum.
    By that argument youíd see more problems on a Toyota forum but that isnít true. As somebody who traded in their Honda (and is a forum member here, RAV4World, and OdyClub), Honda quality has truly gone downhill.

My van was fine but had I not taken proactive measures I may have seen issues with the transmission (installed a cooler and did a drain and fill every 15k) and engine (disabled VCM to prevent oil burning and gummed up piston rings). There is also the oil dilution issues found on the 1.5L Turbo engine and the off chance your V6 head has a casting issue and cracks just outside of your powertrain warranty. Honda is not the brand it used to be when it became heavily Americanized.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Its weird how CR ranks the Mx-5 Miata as the most reliable car...then again its a very simple car (no cylinder deactivation, no turbo, ect.). The CX-3 is basically the same approach...simple....but now the CX-9? What the heck. It has every electronic and mechanical gizmo Mazda offers and turbo too. What is it about the CX-9 that the CX-5 and Mazda6 (or Mazda3 vs CX-3) can't do?

2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post

I know what you*re saying, but I was referring more to the substance of their complaints, not the quantity. Regardless, even though Honda sells more cars, their CRV buyers aren*t really the type to post on car enthusiast forums. Case in point, the CRV and Honda communities on a Reddit are roughly the same size as the CX-5 and Mazda communities.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast