Windshield Washer Mistery

sjohund

Hi everyone! Have Mazda 3 BK and strange situation.
Windshield Washer DO NOT spray at all!
1st Windshield wipers work
2nd There is no sound from the pump (there is only one pump for front and rear washers)
3rd Rear washers and wipers work

What can it be?

What kind of washer fluid are you using? Some fluids can form a buildup on the nozzles that eventually clogs them. I would check to see if the nozzles are clogged. It's possible that there may be a leak in the fluid line as well.

What kind of washer fluid are you using? Some fluids can form a buildup on the nozzles that eventually clogs them. I would check to see if the nozzles are clogged. It's possible that there may be a leak in the fluid line as well.

I agree.

As I said, pump works fine cause rear washer works, it sprays liquid. Front and rear wipers work too. only windshield washer do not spray. When activated, there is no sound of pump, but has sound on rear - its the same pump, one and only. I wonder, switch contact in handle...Nozzles and hoses are clean , checked.

U LOL too much dude!
Have you heard for relay switch?
This pump has one motor but two out hoses. Commands are separated for front and rear. When rear washer is activated buzz sound comes from the pump same as for front. Seems you just waste time giving common answers. Thks but have no time for pen pals.

After the real snowstorm of the year, the front washer spray on our 2019 Mazda3 stopped working.
I found that ice buildup had disconnected a hose junction at the base of the windshield on the passenger side.
The layout of the front wipers seems very bad for snow. It is impossible to pull the wipers off the windshield when the wipers are turned off. You have to pull them up when they are on. This guarantees that the wipers will be frozen in place if the car is outside overnight when there is a snow/ice.

Back