2007~2015 Replacement of the coolant. No warm airflow

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
What does the coolant change look like? I poured through the drain plug and hoses that go to the second airflow under the car. I drained 8lit. Why as little as there is 12 liters in the system. Now I don't have enough warm air. The fluid in the tank is in good condition and does not change, what is the problem? Air in? How to make warm air from the back? please help.

Did you burp the system properly?

Jack up the front of the car as high as possible, remove the radiator or coolant tank cap, start the engine, and run the heater on full blast. You should see the air being burped. Add coolant as necessary and wait until no more bubbles come up.

Thanks for the answer. I will do as you say. I suspect I have to give high speed. Then the fluid pushes back. I think I will go in manual mode and the pump will push the heat back. So we can't drain most of the fluid from the system? I got 8lit out of 12 as they are.

You want to bleed the air out when the engine is cold. Otherwise you can get seriously burned.

If you drive, get the engine to normal temperature, then let it cool, often there is room to add more coolant. The air has moved around.

All the coolant can never be fully drained. There are always areas below the drains. What you describe is probably both retained old coolant and the volume taken up by air bubbles.

Thanks for the answer. I will do as you say. I suspect I have to give high speed. Then the fluid pushes back. I think I will go in manual mode and the pump will push the heat back. So we can't drain most of the fluid from the system? I got 8lit out of 12 as they are.

If you really want to get most of the coolant out, you need to pull the lower radiator hose off the engine block. Even that won't get everything. You can buy a flush kit that allows you to hook a hose up to the cooling system and inject water to clean all the old stuff out, but you have to be careful when you refill to get a proper 50/50 mix of coolant and water.

you have to be careful when you refill to get a proper 50/50 mix of coolant and water.
Exactly. If flushed with water, it works to know the full capacity of the system. Knowing that plain water remains in the system, add half the capacity with concentrate coolant, then top off with distilled water.

Some localities have so much mineral content in the tap water that it can interfere with the chemicals in the antifreeze. Some places don't. It's wise to use distilled or demineralized/deionized water to top off.

Thank you colleagues. I drained the radiator cap and the rear heater hose. Tomorrow the courier will provide me with Ravenol hjc fl22. concentrate. Mix 4.5l of concentrate with 4.5l of demineralized water. If something is left for refills later

Back