2019 CX9 Headlight Issue

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Touring Premium Snowflake White Pearl Mica
Hi guys, has anyone noticed about the CX9 headlights when hitting a rough road or bumps that it moves up and down (kind a like it's loose or something?) also I noticed a yellowish tint shinning the upper part when it's shinning on the back of car in front or a wall. I just want to make sure this is normal and not defective. Also, I don't think my CX9 Touring came with adaptive headlight features. Thank you in advance!

I have noticed the same thing with my 2019 GT which has the adaptive headlights. I live on a dirt road in Texas ranch country so it's very bumpy. Don't think it's a defect.

I think it's normal for those with adaptive headlights, as well as those with auto-leveling headlights. These assemblies aren't the same as the old, manually adjustable units of the 80s and 90s. They need to account for tolerances to allow parts to move freely, so they might appear loose on sharp bumps.

Check to see if your headlights are auto-leveling (I think they might be, but I'm not sure). If they are, I'd chalk it up as normal. Also, just like you, I have a very slight yellowish tint right at the headlight cutoff.

I think it's normal for those with adaptive headlights, as well as those with auto-leveling headlights. These assemblies aren't the same as the old, manually adjustable units of the 80s and 90s. They need to account for tolerances to allow parts to move freely, so they might appear loose on sharp bumps.

Check to see if your headlights are auto-leveling (I think they might be, but I'm not sure). If they are, I'd chalk it up as normal. Also, just like you, I have a very slight yellowish tint right at the headlight cutoff.

Does the 2019 touring trim have any of these features? I've never noticed it but have only had the car since august

Does the 2019 touring trim have any of these features? I've never noticed it but have only had the car since august

I found this 2019 CX-9 brochure on the Mazda Canada site. On page 12, under the GS trim (Canada's base trim), "automatic headlight leveling" is listed as a feature. If you can find a similar brochure from Mazda USA, we can confirm for sure, but I'm 90% sure the Touring trim does have auto-leveling headlights.

https://cdn.mazda.ca/common/cars/brochures/2019-mazda-cx-9-brochure-en.ts.1809181545530000.pdf

You guys are AWESOME! Thank you for all the info and replies! (2thumbs)

I'm not sure if I have automatic headlight leveling but definitely I will check.

Back