Bad seat rails

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

So, Im getting a seat that is slightly rocking when coming to a quick stop. Im guessing that is the seat rails? Is there something I can do to fix this myself, or is it a need to be replaced dealer repair?

Anyone else have/had this issue before?

There were a lot of complaints for the 15's and some 16's. Maybe try the search function on this site.

Still under warranty, take it to dealer. If not complain and tell them it's a safety issue.

16 CX5 sport had a TSB where manual seats adjusted would sink in. So add that to Mazda's windshield / rear camera / dash pieces and quality in many places. You are in good hands if your dealer is good, otherwise expect to be running around. I doubt Mazda corporate would approve anything unless the dealer is interested. My dealer after showing him the TSB told Mazda - "I replaced the rear pads, there was nothing wrong with them. I did it in good faith." Yeah whatever dude. When cash is tight - tight is Mazda's generosity over warranty claims.

Hello,

So, Im getting a seat that is slightly rocking when coming to a quick stop. Im guessing that is the seat rails? Is there something I can do to fix this myself, or is it a need to be replaced dealer repair?

Anyone else have/had this issue before?
I have the same issue, Mazda won't cover it and say it's not a safety issue, the frame is $1800 to swap out. Crazy.

Any luck with your frame? I am looking for where the play is to possible weld it or repair it, but no luck.

I have the same issue, Mazda won't cover it and say it's not a safety issue, the frame is $1800 to swap out. Crazy.

Any luck with your frame? I am looking for where the play is to possible weld it or repair it, but no luck.
If all else fails try a salvage yard. If you can find one either replace it yourself or find a body shop. They shouldn't be too busy this time of year.

Back