Question on radar cruise

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Since Mazda advertises it as "Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function" shouldn't the vehicle resume after a dead stop if the vehicle in front of you starts moving again. I've noticed that the car will resume but only if you haven't stopped completely.

On a recent long trip whenever I had to stop completely I had to press the accelerator then press resume and then the car would continue normally.

Since Mazda advertises it as "Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function" shouldn't the vehicle resume after a dead stop if the vehicle in front of you starts moving again. I've noticed that the car will resume but only if you haven't stopped completely.

On a recent long trip whenever I had to stop completely I had to press the accelerator then press resume and then the car would continue normally.

The only one time I've been in stop and go with this car, it resumed after stopping without intervention.

The only one time I've been in stop and go with this car, it resumed after stopping without intervention.

I was expecting it to go and it didn't. I didn't want to hold traffic up so I gave it gas. One possibility is I had it set for the furthest following distance and maybe the car in front had to get pretty far away before it would start. Don't know but I couldn't take the chance of somebody behind stepping on the gas and running into me.

The manual for my 2017 says *...headway control will resume when you resume driving the vehicle such as by pressing the RES switch.* I use MRCC with stop and go frequently and my experience matches this. If the vehicle comes to a complete stop for more than a very brief amount of time (maybe a second or so) I always have to press the accelerator or the resume button.

This is how it is supposed to work. It works in same way in other cars too. It automatically employs break hold function and you need to press resume or hit the gas to start moving. It's also a good check to ensure you are paying attention.

To resume radar cruise from complete stop, you have to push gas OR press RES button. You don't have to do both. I use the button method on every day. While auto engaging cruise control is convenient, it can be danger at the signal.

With SCC on, if you come to a complete stop in traffic, the HOLD light comes on. If stopped for 5 seconds or more, you will need to press RES to get moving again. If less than 5 seconds, the car will move forward on its own.

Yeah - that's what I figured, I was pressing the pedal then hitting resume. Now I'll just hit resume and see how it handles the takeoff.

With SCC on, if you come to a complete stop in traffic, the HOLD light comes on. If stopped for 5 seconds or more, you will need to press RES to get moving again. If less than 5 seconds, the car will move forward on its own.

Didn't know about the time limit. Have been annoyed with its off/on behavior. Glad to see there is a solution and parameters.

+1 with this comment,
less than 5 or so secs, more like 3 secs to me, and the car will resume on it's on,
if not, press either the gas or RESUME button.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Back