Group 24 battery in the cx-5?

mech_e

:
'15 CX5 GT
Has anyone put a 24F battery in their cx5?

Walmart has their platinum 24f with 5 year replacement warranty for $150. Size 35 platinums are about $200 with 3 year warranty at the typical car repair shops. The costco/interstate is $80 with 3 year.

Has anyone put a 24F battery in their cx5?

Walmart has their platinum 24f with 5 year replacement warranty for $150. Size 35 platinums are about $200 with 3 year warranty at the typical car repair shops. The costco/interstate is $80 with 3 year.
Then why dont you get the Group 35 battery from Costco which is a perfect fit size-wise? (uhm)

Probably won't be warrantied because it isn't the correct batter for your vehicle in the listing. Ed

I thought group size 26 was the OEM battery.Last week I got a Superstart Premium 35 from O'reilly auto parts for ~ 149$ out the door.Made by East Penn/Deka,not JCI or Exide.Rated at 550 CCA versus the 320 CCA of 6 year old factory Panasonic which measured 256 CCA.Glad I did it.This morning at 19* outside it spun over great.

I'm dumb. Forgot to mention Costco was out of batteries until this weekend and I need one before hand.

I thought group size 26 was the OEM battery.Last week I got a Superstart Premium 35 from O'reilly auto parts for ~ 149$ out the door.Made by East Penn/Deka,not JCI or Exide.Rated at 550 CCA versus the 320 CCA of 6 year old factory Panasonic which measured 256 CCA.Glad I did it.This morning at 19* outside it spun over great.
People here have been using Group 35 battery for replacement on CX-5, and claimed its a perfect fit size-wise.

Based on Interstate Batteries / Costco battery finder, it does show either Group 26R or Group 35 for CX-5.

Group 26R Battery: 8 3/16 X 6 13/16 X 7 13/16 (inches, L X W X H); 540 CCA; $88.99.

Group 35 Battery: 9 X 6 7/8 X 8 3/4 (inches, L X W X H); 640 CCA; $78.99.

So smaller / shorter Group 26R battery should fit but why pay more to get a battery with less CCA?

And since it lists Group 26R with reversed battery post positions instead of Group 26, make sure your post position is the same as the OEM Panasonic battery.

I'm dumb. Forgot to mention Costco was out of batteries until this weekend and I need one before hand.
If you really cant wait, find a Group 35 battery at WalMart (should be less than $100) or some other auto parts store. Or get a Group 26R battery if you cant find a Group 35.

Sometimes you can get an OEM battery with coupon at Mazda dealer for pretty good price. Worth a try.

I didn't want walmart battery since I understand they are now made by Exide and have poor reliability.They were made by Johnson Controls Inc previously.Could have bought a Costco membership and battery for what I spent at O'reilly for just a battery.Gotta put on the ol' thinkin' cap.Thanks for letting me know.

Back