Text messages not appearing on Mazda Connect infotainment

:
‘17 CX9 & ‘19 3 GT
I had an Iphone 7 previously and every time I got text messages on phone it would appear (notification and able to read out or display) on the Mazda connect infotainment system...I recently paired a new IPhone XR and now the text messages do not appear. Tried playing around with settings both on iPhone and the MZD connect but no luck.

Could updating the firmware version on the MZD connect fix the issue? Not sure what firmware version I have but mine has never been updated since brand new (2017 Signature model acquired in January of that year).

Would appreciate owners who have iPhone XR chime in on this and also owners with the latest or at least newer firmware version this year (TBH not sure what the latest version # is). Also, with the latest/newer firmware version is it stable/reliable without glitches and boots up faster?

I had an Iphone 7 previously and every time I got text messages on phone it would appear (notification and able to read out or display) on the Mazda connect infotainment system...I recently paired a new IPhone XR and now the text messages do not appear. Tried playing around with settings both on iPhone and the MZD connect but no luck.

Could updating the firmware version on the MZD connect fix the issue? Not sure what firmware version I have but mine has never been updated since brand new (2017 Signature model acquired in January of that year).

Would appreciate owners who have iPhone XR chime in on this and also owners with the latest or at least newer firmware version this year (TBH not sure what the latest version # is). Also, with the latest/newer firmware version is it stable/reliable without glitches and boots up faster?

For some reason I plugged in the IPXR to my other vehicle (CX3) equipped with AC then after disconnecting it and just connecting via Bluetooth I can now receive text messages on the phone and would appear on the Mazda connect infotainment unit. Weird but it worked so maybe that did the trick. Haven*t tried it yet on my CX9 and not sure how to make it work as it doesn*t have AC

Have you tried enabling notifications in your bluetooth settings on your phone ?

This only works when your phone is connected over bluetooth to your car (the CX-9) since this setting is specific to each individual bluetooth connection.

Settings > Bluetooth> tap the little circle with i in it next to your car system name

Make sure Show Notifications is turned on. If it was off, this is why you're not getting text messages in your car.

Also, make sure "Do Not disturb while driving" is off on your iphone. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iphae754533b/ios

Yes I made sure the settings are what they should be (per your recommendations as well). I have not tried it yet with the CX9 but will check at some point this week. Hopefully itll work fine...

Back