20-inch Wheels Rock Chip. How do I ID correct touch-up paint?

:
2018 CX-9 GT
I was washing my CX-9 today and noticed a small chip in the edge of the wheel, very close to the tire bead. Looks like a small (high velocity) rock hit it. Has anyone tried to match the color of these wheels in a touch-up paint? Thanks.

Try a drugstore nail polish. I haven't tried it with the OEM wheels, but I have with my 22s. I used nail polish to try to match the satin bronze finish. It isn't perfect, but it's been months and it appears to be holding up pretty well.

Try a drugstore nail polish. I haven't tried it with the OEM wheels, but I have with my 22s. I used nail polish to try to match the satin bronze finish. It isn't perfect, but it's been months and it appears to be holding up pretty well.

Thanks sm1ke. I'll give that a shot (great idea!). You put on your winter tires yet?

Thanks sm1ke. I'll give that a shot (great idea!). You put on your winter tires yet?

Yep, I actually swapped them on when I did my last oil change. Good timing too, because snow came down a couple of days later. When I put the winters on, I noticed that I had some rock chips in the finish too, so I need to get some nail polish for these wheels as well, lol.

Back