Oil Leaking (gaskets)

NachoCantina

:
2000 Mazda Protege Shades 1.6
Hi guys, Im new here.
Sorry if this a common question around here, but Ive been googling it for a few days already and couldnt find much helpful info. This forum actually was the only place I could find heaps of info tho...
Also, Ive sent an email to a couple of Mazda dealers, and honestly, I still have some concerns.
I took my car to a mechanic to fix a problem, and asked him to have a look at the oil leaking. He said that I need to replace the following parts:

-Head Gasket
-Rocker Cover Gasket
-Sump Pan Seal

Said so, I emailed two dealers.
Below, the parts that Ive received from Mazda dealers nearby Melbourne:

Dealer 1:

GASKET OIL PAN
R2Y1-10-431

GASKET CYLINDER HEAD
ZL01-10-271A
ZL01-10-271B
(Ive sent two emails to this one at different time, and theyve sent me two different part codes)

GASKET ROCKER COVER
ZL01-10-235

Dealer 2:

Head Gasket
ZL0110271A

Rocker Cover Gasket*
ZL0110235

Sump Pan Seal**
B54110427

Half moon front/rear*
B54110428

Liquid gasket
1146 77 759

(also this dealer send me some other items; do I need them as well?)

My question is: which one is the correct to my car? Im asking so, once dealers are gonna import it from Jp, I will ask to my girlfriend (whos Japanese) to bring it to me (and will be cheaper).

My car is a 2000 Mazda 323 Protege Shades 1.6 Manual.

Thanks in advance:)

Most accurate way to get the correct parts is through the VIN number. But if you gave them that info and are getting different part numbers I would double check with both places. I know sometimes with some models they made mid year changes so the parts are slightly different depending on when the car was manufactured. I used to have a 1989 323 hatchback and the valve cover gasket would leak in that car.

Back