Help me find a fuse that's always live.

I'm looking for a 12v fuse that's live at all times. So far i found the 2 30amp fuses for the power window(# 12), and door lock(#11) (fuse box that's near the clutch).

Are there any other fuses that's +12v? I'm trying to install a dash cam so it can run 24/7. I currently have the dash connected to the (#12) 30amp fuse but i think that's draining my car battery.

Fuse #11 is a good choice.
It's always live and not that critical if you blow the fuse somehow.

If your battery is being drained by your dashcam, it doesn't matter what fuse you draw from.
It's always going to draw the same amount regardless of what fuse.
(Unless the fuse switches off with the ignition.)

If your battery is being drained by your dashcam, it doesn't matter what fuse you draw from.
It's always going to draw the same amount regardless of what fuse.
(Unless the fuse switches off with the ignition.)

(iagree)

You need to see what kind of current your camera draws. most dash cams will pull about 500mA, give or take. That's enough to kill a battery overnight, especially if your battery is a few years old and not in tip top shape to begin with. They're not really meant to be on all the time.

There are some that are motion detecting, and only record when motion is detected by the camera. but even those usually will still draw a couple hundred mA idle current.

You don't want your car's TOTAL idle current being over about 25mA. Most cars, without a bunch of stuff added to them pull around 10mA or so. Anything over about 50mA is a red flag.

Last edited:
Aren't all fuses running 12v in a car?

A fuse running a non-12v circuit would be new to me....but knowing modern cars anything seems possible now.

Yeah they're all 12 volt
I think he thought a smaller amp fuse wouldn't draw as much power.

Aren't all fuses running 12v the in a car?

A fuse running a non-12v circuit would be new to me....but knowing modern cars anything seems possible now.

I noticed the Mazda 5 has just been added to the Past Mazdas forum.

Welcome to the Geriatric club. Lol 😆

Back