ACC Trick

Read something about this and thought some might be interested. To go from the car in running mode to ACC mode without turning off the motor, put the car in N and push the start button . . . it turns off the motor, but not the ACC ... then, place the shift into P and the ACC mode remains active. Apparently, this procedure is not in the manual. Hope this helps some folks.

Last edited:
Interesting. That's a variation on the way I do it: put it in Park, keep depressing the interlock button, punch ignition > ACC is active.

Read something about this and thought some might be interested. To go from the car in running mode to ACC mode without turning off the motor, put the car in N and push the start button . . . it turns off the motor, but not the ACC ... then, place the shift into P and the ACC mode remains active. Apparently, this procedure is not in the manual. Hope this helps some folks.

Interesting. That's a variation on the way I do it: put it in Park, keep depressing the interlock button, punch ignition > ACC is active.

I've used both of these methods for keeping the ACC on so that the music plays while I'm working on the CX. They both work but the first method (I left the trans in N) keeps the ACC powered for hours. That could be a danger for your battery. The second method only powers the system for 20 mins or so.

I've used both of these methods for keeping the ACC on so that the music plays while I'm working on the CX. They both work but the first method (I left the trans in N) keeps the ACC powered for hours. That could be a danger for your battery. The second method only powers the system for 20 mins or so.
Didnt know theres difference between 2 methods! Always thought the ACC power would be shut within 30 minutes. Thanks for the info.

Good to know. Thanks.

Usually this sort of *tricks* are from the service manual....
I had one for my '05 CX9.
Got many tricks to share with owners back then.

Same happens if you are in D. At first I thought this was a bug. Many other cars shut down completely if you press ignition in D or N.

Same happens if you are in D. At first I thought this was a bug. Many other cars shut down completely if you press ignition in D or N.

Maybe it is!
Thanks for adding that.

Back