Infotainment Screen Angle / Glare

My 2019 Cx-9 infotainment screen produces an annoying glare on the windshield at night. I am considering taking the display out to see if I can tilt the screen forward a bit to reduce glare. Has anyone ever had the display out and know if this is even worth trying?

I'm having a hard time picturing the seating position required to get the screen to reflect on the windshield

Where is the glare located on the windshield at night?

I've never noticed, so i'm guessing it's not really somewhere you'd really be looking while driving.

Rather than tilting the screen, can you fabricate a little shield/hood for the top of the screen to block the reflection? Something out of thick black construction paper.

Where is the glare located on the windshield at night?

I've never noticed, so i'm guessing it's not really somewhere you'd really be looking while driving.

Rather than tilting the screen, can you fabricate a little shield/hood for the top of the screen to block the reflection? Something out of thick black construction paper.

Glare is right under the rear view mirror. The shield idea is definitely an option. They sell a few for different models on amazon but nothing specific for our car. I did end up taking the screen apart and it does look like it's possible to rig something up and have the screen tilted - I just don't want to risk anything. I will get used to it and keep the screen dim at night to avoid any glare.

Anyone solve this? It is freaky to see the mirror image of the nav screen, spinning in the opposite direction in the windshield. It's almost as clear as the HUD, but has brighter colors.

Back