2020 infotainment

In another part of this forum someone posted something about the 2020's indicating that the touch screen will go to 8". Does anyone have a theory about whether it will be 8" with the same crappy system or a brand new system, like the Mazda 3?

would love to have the tpms individual wheel pressure as on the new 3.
The rest is pretty much similar except the higher resolution.
btw I think I read somewhere the 2020 cx5 would have a dash to,show cylinder deactivation modes, which is cool.

My former 2016 GT had TPMS as well. Googled the spec deck for the 2013 MY debut, looks like all US trimlines had some form of TPMS even then.

But, I think what cz5gt means by individual wheel tire pressure is that it provides info on which tire may be the problematic one, not just a general warning. After looking at the 2020 Mazda3 manuals, that vehicle's version of the Connect system indeed provides the actual individual tire pressure level under Information/Vehicle Status Monitor (the TPMS alert symbol on the dash is still just general, however).

Last edited:
Its a mystery that why Mazda doesnt provide individual tire pressure info in dash or infotainment like everybody else with direct-read TPMS system when gen-2 CX-5 switched to such system ⋯ (uhm)

Since a member said he talked to his Mazda dealer and been told there's no tire pressure sensor with wheels for 2017 CX-5, I called my Mazda dealer from overseas trying to verify. Well, at least for US/NA market, there's tire pressure sensor with valve stem on each wheel for 2017 CX-5:

Part No.: BHA4-37-140 List $91.74 Each!
41ymaplVM3L._SX300_.jpg

Now I'm really puzzled why Mazda made this change at least in US/NA market for 2nd-gen CX-5 as apparently in some areas the pressure sensors don't exist for their TPMS like the 1st-gen CX-5. There's no added benefit to have tire pressure sensors at current TPMS setup in 2nd-gen CX-5 without direct-read tire pressure display like Nissan Rogue other than expensive maintenance cost. Imagine how much more it'd cost for extra set of winter wheels with snow tire? And how much more it'd cost when we're getting a new set of tires?

Here's an example of direct-read tire pressure display TPMS utilizing tire pressure sensors on Nissan Rogue:

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor-large.jpg

It*s a mystery that why Mazda doesn*t provide individual tire pressure info in dash or infotainment like everybody else with direct-read TPMS system when gen-2 CX-5 switched to such system * (uhm)
Yeah, that is one thing my Acura TSX Wagon had that I miss on the new CX-5. TPMS is not completely useless as Mazda deployed it, but nearly so.

Tim

It*s a mystery that why Mazda doesn*t provide individual tire pressure info in dash or infotainment like everybody else with direct-read TPMS system when gen-2 CX-5 switched to such system * (uhm)

It'll be rolling out soon enough on all models. Just like with AA/ACP, Mazda is a little behind the rest.

Back