Bought a Used 2016 CX-5 - Should I get an Extended Warranty?

rayman42

I bought a 2016 CX-5 GT with 45k Miles from a Mazda Dealer in Seattle. It's CPO so I am covered for the next 12,000 Miles.

My question is on the Extended Confidence Warranty - Should I think about it more or should I make a calculated risk and say no? Are there some common repairs or issues that would make it worth it? Let me know and be honest!

I have a few weeks to make my decision but below is a snapshot of what I am being offered. To me, the 5 year plan would be the only worth while option.

7yr/100k $2022+tax

6yr/100k $1839+tax

5yr/100k $1732+tax

No, don't, period. Your powertrain is covered out to 7yrs/100k, extended doesn't cover LEDs I got my money back on that bs they hard sold me on..crooks

Last edited:
No, don't, period. Your powertrain is covered out to 7yrs/100k, extended doesn't cover LEDs I got my money back on that bs they hard sold me on..crooks

My extended would cover LED's, I believe. Depends on whose you buy. That's actually exactly why I bought mine. I doubt those swivelling LED headlights are cheap, since my mirror motors are $750/ea to replace. But then you'll have the EBay crowd talking about how they can buy such and such for such and such and do it themselves for super cheap, and while they're right, I'm also not a college student anymore, so I don't wrench on my own car hardly any, simply because I never found any joy in it. YMMV and that's totally personal.

Back