Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Is There A Compass?

  1. #1
    Pitter Pitter's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Cali, Colombia
    Posts
    294

    Is There A Compass?

    Is there a compass anywhere in infotainment (or elsewhere) ? I can't find it if there is...where should I look>
    '55 Mercury w/ '54 motor
    '57 Mercury
    '63 Volvo 544
    '63 Chevy 10 pick-up
    65 Renault R-10
    '65 Saab 93 3 cyl
    '70 Saab 94 V4
    '56 IHC S-120 4x4 pick-up
    '72 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser
    '74 Ford F-250 4x4 pick-up
    '73 Triumph Spitfire
    '70 VW Bug
    '84 Toyota pick-up
    '87 Toyoya pick-up
    '90 Plymouth Laser Turbo
    '93 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pick-up
    95 Vitara 3dr (Colombia)
    02 Mazda 2200 stake bed (Colombia)
    06 Mazda 2600 4x4 stake bed (Colombia)
    07 Mitsubishi Montero 3dr (Colombia)
    08 Nissan Frontier D22 4dr 4x4 (Colombia)
    15 Renault Duster Dynamique 4x4 (Colombia)
    20 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo (Colombia)

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    17 Mazda 6 GT

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    653
    If it helps: my 6 has a compass, but it's in the instrument (dash) display, not the info screen.
    Check your manual.

  3. #3
    Structural Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    State of Jefferson - SO Oregon
    Posts
    2,637
    Cycle through the info button on the wheel and see if one doesn't come up on the instrument panel. I think you have to be moving for it to give a reading.

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Cycle through the info button on the wheel and see if one doesn't come up on the instrument panel. I think you have to be moving for it to give a reading.
    Correct. When you stop it goes blank.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Cycle through the info button on the wheel and see if one doesn't come up on the instrument panel. I think you have to be moving for it to give a reading.
    Calling up the correct center display using the INFO button is one option. A compass reading is also on on one of the options on the display that surrounds the speedometer that is changed by pressing and holding the knob that sticks out of the instrument panel (normally used to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster). That*s the one I use because it*s up all of the time, and I can leave the center INFO display on something else.

  6. #6
    Pitter Pitter's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Cali, Colombia
    Posts
    294
    Great I will try that.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #7
    Pitter Pitter's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Cali, Colombia
    Posts
    294
    Well pressing and holding the projecting stick didn't produce a compass for me. I'll try the steering wheel info button on the move.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitter View Post
    Well pressing and holding the projecting stick didn't produce a compass for me. I'll try the steering wheel info button on the move.
    I think there's two stalks. The one on the left changes odo from miles to kilos. Not sure what the one on the right does. I"ll have to play around with it.

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitter View Post
    Well pressing and holding the projecting stick didn't produce a compass for me. I'll try the steering wheel info button on the move.
    Try pressing & holding the projecting stick. Each time you release it you should be able to get a different display that flanks both sides of the speedometer. It changes the miles to empty display to one that also includes a compass. I can do it on my Reserve. It's in the 2019 owners manual page 4-16 in the US manual. The 3 options are Gauge Indication, Numerical Indication (that's the one with the compass), & Display Off.

    Last edited by meow_man; 11-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Structural Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    State of Jefferson - SO Oregon
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill View Post
    Calling up the correct center display using the INFO button is one option. A compass reading is also on on one of the options on the display that surrounds the speedometer that is changed by pressing and holding the knob that sticks out of the instrument panel (normally used to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster). That*s the one I use because it*s up all of the time, and I can leave the center INFO display on something else.
    That's a great little upgrade from the 17. Is it just on GTR and Sig, or all 19s? 18s?

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    That's a great little upgrade from the 17. Is it just on GTR and Sig, or all 19s? 18s?
    I believe the instrument panel speedometer and the gauges that I posted above from the owners manual are a digital display that was changed for 2019. Not sure if it's across all trims. I have a Reserve & I assume the Signature is the same.

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    I think there's two stalks. The one on the left changes odo from miles to kilos. Not sure what the one on the right does. I"ll have to play around with it.
    Unless your Reserve is different than mine, there is only one selector knob. It*s above the left gauge. Turning it adjusts dash lighting. Pressing and releasing quickly changes between miles and km. Pressing and holding changes the display surrounding the center gauge as shown in the diagram from the manual as shown here.

  13. #13
    Registered Member ceric's Avatar

    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,449
    Well, pull out the GPS card.
    You will get a big compass on NAVI page.
    2016 Mazda6 iGT + Tech Pkg
    ....Sonic Silver Mica / Parchment
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
    ....Soul Red Metallic / Almond

  14. #14
    Registered Member Conrad 16.5's Avatar

    2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by ceric View Post
    Well, pull out the GPS card.
    You will get a big compass on NAVI page.
    This ^^^
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

  15. #15
    Registered Member

    2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill View Post
    Unless your Reserve is different than mine, there is only one selector knob. It*s above the left gauge. Turning it adjusts dash lighting. Pressing and releasing quickly changes between miles and km. Pressing and holding changes the display surrounding the center gauge as shown in the diagram from the manual as shown here.
    You're right, I went and checked and there is only one. I guess I was thinking of my 16 that has a stalk on the right side that resets the current trip odo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 GT - Compass in MFD
    By Adguy21 in forum CX-5 General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2019, 08:29 AM
  2. Compass on the display
    By Victor13 in forum CX-5 Infotainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM
  3. So where's the compass?
    By Hepcat in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 07:11 PM
  4. Jeep Compass
    By mikeyb in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 03:23 PM
  5. Compass on your radio
    By Crock in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 01:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •