Minor complaints on interior lighting

I haven't been bothered or notice the lack of lighting. But what I am surprised about in the sport trim is there are no vanity mirror lights. I think the visors are wired for them. I don't use the vanity mirror, but would it have broken Mazda's budget to put a 50 cent bulb in the visor?

Kinda makes you wonder about the bean counters in every large organization.

I haven't been bothered or notice the lack of lighting. But what I am surprised about in the sport trim is there are no vanity mirror lights. I think the visors are wired for them. I don't use the vanity mirror, but would it have broken Mazda's budget to put a 50 cent bulb in the visor?

I'd rather have a sliding visor. My LX had dual visors (so a 2nd, thinner one can still fold out forward if one is to the side), I liked that feature. I may try a 70% tint up front, though, which will cut most of the UV and IR. I'll make sure the tint does not cover the laser sensor.

420-201-HMSY.jpg

I think they may be thinking of the little lights (kinda shaped like a reflector) on the lower front doors, they came on when you opened the door.
When somebody says foot lighting I'm thinking of passive lighting that lights up the area near your feet when you're sitting in the car.
Don't know, might be nomenclature.

I've heard them called puddle lights, and it's a great feature. Footwell, not so much, pointless to me, even. It's the lack of a glove box light that I can't understand.

Back