Force CarPlay audio only?

rizzors

I have a 2019 CX5 Touring. I exclusively listen to audio from my phone through Apple CarPlay. When I start the car it usually defaults to radio and plays very loud. Its much louder than the volume from my phone.

I dont want to have to remember to turn down the volume every time I get out of the car. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the audio default to CarPlay or an audio source besides the radio?

I thought I could just turn off the radio but from reading the forums that doesnt seem possible.

I agree. There should be a way to turn off the car music source. You might try plugging in a cord into the audio input and choosing "AUX".

My car defaults to whatever it was on when the car was turned off. Usually Bluetooth. Since CarPlay cannot load when the car starts it is impossible for it to do that.

I tried my suggestion above, and it does work if you don't need AUX. I plugged in and old pair of ear buds.

You probably don't want to rule out simultaneous Infotainment audio and car play. You might want to listen to radio while navigating in Car Play.

check the music playback volume on your phone... if it's turned down, you'll have to turn up the radio in the car, that means when your car decides to put on the radio, or whatever, it'll be much louder

Back