Sport Mode switch broken

CodaMan

I just purchased a 2016 CX-5 Touring with very low miles. Everything is in perfect condition except the "Sport Mode" switch is physically broken. I've been looking for information on obtaining a replacement switch and what it may take to replace it. Can someone guide my in the right direction? Thank you

Last edited:
I would talk to the dealer service/parts dept first. See what they charge for it then do some online research. Maybe look for some youtube videos to see if anybody has replaced one in a Mazda3, 6, CX7, CX9, etc. It's probably basically the same no matter what Mazda vehicle it's in.

Yours is the first I've heard of one breaking, most people rarely use sport. The previous owner must of slapped it into sport all the time. May not bode well on how it was driven.

Do you mean it doesn't work or it's physically broken?

I'd put electrical tape over it and consider it fixed..that's both because of your lack of detail but more so my honest opinion about what it brings to the table

I'd put electrical tape over it and consider it fixed..that's both because of your lack of detail but more so my honest opinion about what it brings to the table

I think they refined it for 19+ maybe, because after 60mph, mine doesn't "hang onto the revs". It acts like a normal vehicle should. Below 60, it is a bit about the gear holding though. Still, I rarely reach for it.

I have found it somewhat useful in my new car for staying "on cam" while climbing my mountain road. "Somewhat" is the key word here.

Me stating that is was broken should have been clear. Broken and not working have distinct differences in meaning. You may want to look up the definition of "broken" in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Me stating that is was broken should have been clear. Broken and not working have distinct differences in meaning. You may want to look up the definition of "broken" in the dictionary.

Just did and it said verbatim: Dr. Dre The Chronic track#6..great tune truly ahead of its time...oh wait I think mistyped- that's what dummies due write CodaMan?

Last edited:
Just did and it said verbatim: Dr. Dre The Chronic track#6..great tune truly ahead of its time...oh wait I think I looked up the wrong word- that's what dummies due write CodaMan?

No, dummies would use the word "write" in place of "right".

HFS your rite and due in place of do..hey welcome aboard though! Did you listen to the song??

Last edited:
Back