Navigation Chip Failure

I have a 2017 CX 9 GT, which we love. The other day the Nav failed to load and it said our car wasn't equipped with a Nav chip, but we obviously had one. I turned the car off, and removed the chip. After a few minutes I re-inserted the chip and started the car. The infotainment system said our chip was invalid. Took it to the dealership and they said the chip was bad and replaced it with a new one under warranty.

It drives me crazy that Mazda calls it a chip, as if the GPS chip is in there. It's just a regular old SD card that contains the map data. I think the updater software might even let you use your own SD card as long as you've backed up the one that came with your car, but not 100% sure on that.

I have a 2017 CX 9 GT, which we love. The other day the Nav failed to load and it said our car wasn't equipped with a Nav chip, but we obviously had one. I turned the car off, and removed the chip. After a few minutes I re-inserted the chip and started the car. The infotainment system said our chip was invalid. Took it to the dealership and they said the chip was bad and replaced it with a new one under warranty.

Is it resolved?? My SD has been replaced several times- no resolution. My USB loses power when the Nav fails? Same issue?

Back