2011 CX-9 Fumoto Drain Valve

Hello All, I recently changed the oil in my wife's 2011 CX-9, I purchased the Fumoto F107N per Fumoto's website. Since changing the oil she has driven it to work a few times and says the oil light on the dash comes on once the engine warms up, it 1st flashes then stays on. My only thought is the Fumoto valve, since I have changed the oil in that vehicle several other times but used the original drain plug. Has anyone else seen the Fumoto valve cause an issue with oil pressure, is it possible that the Oil Pressure Switch has gone bad and just a weird coincidence??

I went to her place of work when she 1st told me about it, to see if it were low in oil, it was not, oil was right at the line, I added a little more to be right in the middle of the Min and Max lines, still has the same issue.

I'm thinking about changing the oil again and replacing the Fumoto with the OEM drain plug to see if that is what caused it.

It sounds like a bad sensor. Is there a way to put a temporary oil pressure gauge on the system to read the actual oil pressure? What brand oil filter did you use? Any chance that could be defective and blocking the oil?

If you want to remove the valve, you don't need to drain the oil. With the oil cold, unscrew the valve and put your thumb over the hole. Have your helper hand you the plug, screw it in. Done. You'll only lose a few drops of oil.

It sounds like a bad sensor. Is there a way to put a temporary oil pressure gauge on the system to read the actual oil pressure? What brand oil filter did you use? Any chance that could be defective and blocking the oil?

If you want to remove the valve, you don't need to drain the oil. With the oil cold, unscrew the valve and put your thumb over the hole. Have your helper hand you the plug, screw it in. Done. You'll only lose a few drops of oil.

Thanks for the response. I used Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter (XG3600). I ended up changing the oil and oil filter again, with the same Fram filter and Mobil 1 5W-20 synthetic oil, I removed the Fumoto valve and reused the OEM drain plug, it still shows the oil light on here and there. I'll see if I can put a gauge on it and report back with readings, do you know what pressure I should see?

Also, do you, or anyone know where the oil pressure switch is located, is it by the oil filter? I saw a half a$$ drawing when I did a search within the forum, it wasn't very detailed.

Does anyone know if the red circle in my pic ( CX9_Oil_Sensor.jpg ) is the oil pressure sensor? The pic is from under the car looking up, to the left in the pic is the oil filter. If that's it, how in the heck do you access it to change it, or even attach a oil pressure gauge to test??

Does anyone know if the red circle in my pic ( View attachment 221711 ) is the oil pressure sensor? The pic is from under the car looking up, to the left in the pic is the oil filter. If that's it, how in the heck do you access it to change it, or even attach a oil pressure gauge to test??

Hard to say if you're right looking from below, but see here:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123864057-2008-CX-9-Oil-Pressure-Switch&highlight=oil+pressure+switch

Back