Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda Popularity

Donated: $40

Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I wonder if the reason they haven't brought MS to the streets is because they keep hoping to drop an RX9 and don't want competition within the brand, considering how unpopular Mazda's are...
    This I agree with. I think any new rotary will be nothing but a charger for an electric engine though. Mazda's days of trying to make that engine pass smog might be over. Hopefully not.
    Also, no more Mazdaspeed for some weird reason. It is now Mazda Motorsports.
    Last edited by Natey; 11-07-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Registered Member

Soon to be 2.5T CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    Now for the real challenge, actually getting people in there to see them.

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

My dealer was already doing a major construction project on their location. Sales guy said it was a complete overhaul. Hope their service lounge is nice with some quiet areas.
    I usually bring a book and it's all but impossible to read with the TV blasting some inane morning show.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Why you keep calling me ED, bro? It's Vince if you really want to know.
    and I thought there were just 2 Volvo dealers here. Nice sleuthing.
    I'm so sorry, dude.

I thought for sure someone here referred to you as Ed. Must be someone else...obviously.

Regarding individual tastes:

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    When someone here mentioned Mazda's trying to make itself "more premium" that Honda and Toyota, my first thought was that the showrooms really need to go more upscale to communicate that message.

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I'm so sorry, dude.

I thought for sure someone here referred to you as Ed. Must be someone else...obviously.
    LOL No worries. There is a forum regular with Ed in his name. Probably misread someone talking about/to him.

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    Agreed. And the whole idea of people buying a car for looks is hilarious. Is the CRV the best looking vehicle in the class? How about that ugly last generation RAV4? Both the CRV and RAV4 get better fuel economy, better safety tech and more cargo room. Meanwhile the sexy Mazda vehicles sit on lots unsold. Iíve heard people here bash the new RAV4s looks(I happen to like the looks). If itís such a horrible looking vehicles, why canít dealers keep the RAV4 Hybrid in stock? Think maybe the hybrid power train has something to do with it? CX9 is the perfect example of what is wrong with Mazda. A nice looking SUV with no hybrid option and a cramped, dark, claustrophobic interior.
    Please identify the "better safety tech" you're referring to.

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    If that's how you feel, why are you posting on the CX-5 forum? Clearly, Subaru and Honda are building the better product, aren't they?

The safety tech comment is false. Mazda has a laser and radar AEB system and strong IIHS performance, so not sure what you're talking about.

Theyíre building the better product for most SUV shoppers, not for me necessarily. Iím single and an enthusiast, so CX5 would work for me. If I had a wife and kids Iíd get a RAV4 Hybrid. More space, way better MPG, like better long term reliability. No turbo or cylinder deactivation to deal with.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    This I agree with. I think any new rotary will be nothing but a charger for an electric engine though. Mazda's days of trying to make that engine pass smog might be over. Hopefully not.
    Also, no more Mazdaspeed for some weird reason. It is now Mazda Motorsports.
    They sure did rail-road the CX5-D through. Maybe they will manage it with rotary, but I kinda agree.

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    Please identify the "better safety tech" you're referring to.
    Crickets. It is amusing to constantly push the Rav4 hybrid (?) on a CX-5 forum.

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Crickets. It is amusing to constantly push the Rav4 hybrid (?) on a CX-5 forum.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/hond...arison-review/

When it comes to driving technology, both vehicles offer a full suite of optional active safety aids, including automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, and lane keeping assist. We like the CX-5's ability to use adaptive cruise control in stop-and-go traffic, but we find its blind-spot warning system hyperactive and hyper-vigilant, beeping wildly when the car in the next lane is two car lengths behind. We also each experienced an unnecessary panic brake from the system, something we've noticed in other Mazdas. The CR-V's collision warning system was also overzealous, blinking BRAKE in the instrument cluster far too often, but at least it only made noise if it was actually going to be a close call. When it comes to lane keeping systems, though, Honda's is clearly more advanced and more aggressive, doing its best to keep you in the center of the lane; the Mazda's doesn't engage until you're wandering over the line.

https://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-5/

Driver aids
    All of the latest advanced safety features are available. The lane departure warning system emits a unique low-pitched buzzing sound that really gets your attention. The blind-spot monitor is overly sensitive, even triggering while you're passing vehicles several car lengths behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-iW...outu.be&t=1770

Happy now? I haven't heard the same complaints about RAV or CRV.

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-iW...outu.be&t=1770

Happy now? I haven't heard the same complaints about RAV or CRV.[/QUOTE]

You haven't? Check out the Honda forum (we used to own a CR-V).

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by wlong01 View Post
    You haven't? Check out the Honda forum (we used to own a CR-V).
    ^^ Agree

Example: I've read numerous posts on the CR-V braking for no apparent reason. I don't believe I've seen any on this forum, regarding the CX-5.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

The lane keep assist on my Ď19 gas RAV4 as well as blind spot monitoring is really good. Keeps me centered very well in my lane while on cruise control. Blind spot monitoring feels natural compared to my driving habits. I didnít realize how aggressive or panicky my mother in laws Ď18 CX-5 lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring was compared to Toyotaís safety sense 2.0. It actually gave me a little anxiety lol. Might have been able to adjust the sensitivity but I didnít want to screw with what she was used to.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast