Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda Popularity

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    You know, I see on paper that the cargo space difference is substantial. But other than those optics, are there really people out there stuffing so much stuff into the back that they'd not have enough room in a CX-5? Or is this a matter of the paper difference being so stark that it scares some folks away?
    I'd use more space if I had it. I don't know if I'd like the trade-offs required to get it.

I live out in the country. Our garbage collection is 1/4 mile up hill from our house. The can fits upright in the back, but only if the seats are down because of the swoop of the the hatch. So I either need to drop 2 of the backs and make sure the floor is clear, or lay the can on its side (no leaks yet).

I'm coming from a sedan, so its nice to be able to use my daily driver for this at all - but if the space were there, I'd appreciate it.

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    You know, I see on paper that the cargo space difference is substantial. But other than those optics, are there really people out there stuffing so much stuff into the back that they'd not have enough room in a CX-5? Or is this a matter of the paper difference being so stark that it scares some folks away?
    I never understood this. Unless you regularly stack things, up to the ceiling mind you, and from the front to back of the trunk area, cargo space is sort of not that big a deal. If you're trying to fit a bike, or a wheelchair or something back there and one car is easier than the other, sure another scenario where cargo space matters.

But outside of that, it's really not a big deal in my eyes.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 87k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    I never understood this. Unless you regularly stack things, up to the ceiling mind you, and from the front to back of the trunk area, cargo space is sort of not that big a deal. If you're trying to fit a bike, or a wheelchair or something back there and one car is easier than the other, sure another scenario where cargo space matters.

But outside of that, it's really not a big deal in my eyes.
    agreed...and hauling something larger I just put back seats down. But I guess that wouldn't help those that are seating 5..lol

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

Mazda could quite easily increase the space in the CX by reducing the rake of the rear windshield. Then it would look like a boring box like the rest of the mainstream competition.

Mazda makes the CX-9 if you want more space, personally, I think the CX-5 has a better looking front end and certainly a much better entry price.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Until 3 months ago, I had been convinced for over a decade that my next car would be a Subaru or Toyota. An online comparison between the CR-V the Forester and the CX-5 caught my attention. That caused me to look for more test reports and the next thing you know, I'm shopping for a Mazda.

In 12 days, I'll be heading to a dealer to pick up a new CX-5 Reserve. Who woulda thunk? It certainly wasn't Mazda's marketing that got my attention.

Mazda CX-5 GTR 2019

Just bought a GTR model after 8 years driving an Acura TSX wagon. Very impressed so far, much easier to fit my bike in back too. I*ve usually been a wagon buyer but have been thinking about a compact crossover for a while. I had too many issues with a 2004 Subaru Outback H6 so that brand was out. Most comparisons rated the CX-5 well and it*s pluses were things I like (fun to drive, etc.). Rear seat room and smaller cargo space mattered little.

Tim

Registered Member

2019 CX5 Reserve AWD

Quote Originally Posted by rockethead26 View Post
    Until 3 months ago, I had been convinced for over a decade that my next car would be a Subaru or Toyota. An online comparison between the CR-V the Forester and the CX-5 caught my attention. That caused me to look for more test reports and the next thing you know, I'm shopping for a Mazda.

In 12 days, I'll be heading to a dealer to pick up a new CX-5 Reserve. Who woulda thunk? It certainly wasn't Mazda's marketing that got my attention.
    You won't be disappointed. The Reserve is a great vehicle.

Registered Member

Me too, just picked up a CX-5 GT-PP last week...had a santa fe sport 2.0TU that I loved but my wife didn't. Very happy so far with the new rig except no remote start...didn't know that till after I signed. Yes, I've read all the posts about aftermarket and I will have to get one here before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
    Just bought a GTR model after 8 years driving an Acura TSX wagon. Very impressed so far, much easier to fit my bike in back too. I*ve usually been a wagon buyer but have been thinking about a compact crossover for a while. I had too many issues with a 2004 Subaru Outback H6 so that brand was out. Most comparisons rated the CX-5 well and it*s pluses were things I like (fun to drive, etc.). Rear seat room and smaller cargo space mattered little.

Tim
    Hi fellow wagon guy. It was hatchbacks for me, then a wagon...then Saab folded.

Apparently I'm the only one whose first choice was a Mazda? I read reviews and it was my first choice. I only test drove others to make sure I was making the right choice.

There's a lot of variation in markets, too. Mazdas are everywhere in Cleveland. Everywhere. There are 7 dealers within 20 miles of my house.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Hi fellow wagon guy. It was hatchbacks for me, then a wagon...then Saab folded.

Apparently I'm the only one whose first choice was a Mazda? I read reviews and it was my first choice. I only test drove others to make sure I was making the right choice.

There's a lot of variation in markets, too. Mazdas are everywhere in Cleveland. Everywhere. There are 7 dealers within 20 miles of my house.
    Me, too. The CX-5 was the only vehicle in my price range that had the one feature I really wanted, so it was my first choice. Reviews were good. After a test drive, I knew I didn't have to bother with the others.

Donated: $40

Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I never opined on MY intelligence, or lack.
    Also, I happen to like my CX5 turbo.
    Again, still not really one to give a damn if OTHERS like my CX5 turbo.
    OP was talking about sales figures in his country when you felt the need to post how stupid the "average person" is. You came in with some kinda condescending big guy shit that I thought was funny.
    I'm 99% sure no one was giving much of a damn about YOUR CX5 turbo anyway.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

Donated: $40

Mazda

Just to add something that's vaguely on topic. Hopefully this is the beginning of something that leads to Mazdaspeed's return to the streets.

Last edited by Natey; 11-05-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Me, too. The CX-5 was the only vehicle in my price range that had the one feature I really wanted, so it was my first choice. Reviews were good. After a test drive, I knew I didn't have to bother with the others.
    What was the ONE feature?

I'll also freely admit I don't like the most popular brands partly because.... they're the most popular brands.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    OP was talking about sales figures in his country when you felt the need to post how stupid the "average person" is. You came in with some kinda condescending big guy shit that I thought was funny.
    I'm 99% sure no one was giving much of a damn about YOUR CX5 turbo anyway.
    Once again, I never made any claims 'bout myself. Stop trying to put words in my posts that were never there.

2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    Just to add something that's vaguely on topic. Hopefully this is the beginning of something that leads to Mazdaspeed's return to the streets.

I wish the front overhang were not that long. Driveways and speed bumps are always tricky to maneuver with my lowered 3.
    2014 3S GT, Deep Crystal Blue, Eibach Pro-Kit, Enkei PF01s, Koni Sports, Pirelli P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS tires, 225/45/18
    2008 MX-5 Touring (Mazdaspeed CAI, HIDs, Progress/Koni Sports/Racing Beat sways, SST Magnaflow muffler and tips)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast