fuel cleaner

After I bought my CX5 I sold my 2007 3 GT 2.3 5 speed. I bought it new and had 165k on it when I sold it. It was a great car and a blast to drive. Sold it to the first guy that looked at it. It ran every bit as good as it did when it was new and I never had any injector, fuel issues or engine repairs. Was I just lucky even though I had never used fuel treatment?

My 2005 Canyon has nearly 140,000 miles on it, and for the past 10 years (and over 110,000 of those miles) I've exclusively used Sheetz gas and never put any additives in it. Same goes for my 1990 Volvo before I totaled it on a deer...nearly 200,000 miles on the odometer and nothing but Sheetz with no additives the previous 5 years (I don't know what the prior owner ran through it). Both have run fine (still driving the truck)...no issues whatsoever.

But without doing this in controlled conditions then breaking the engine down or pulling the injectors, who the heck knows what the insides look like on anyone's engine, with or without Top Tier or fuel additives?

You might see a lot with a cheap endoscope....

Sure.

But I have no idea what it might have (or have not) looked like with Top Tier and/or additives.

And if it's nice and clean, you'll know you didn't need them.

Aren't you curious? You can get good endoscope for under $40.

And if it's nice and clean, you'll know you didn't need them.

Aren't you curious? You can get good endoscope for under $40.

That's a good point.

And I actually have one. Got it a few months ago to check out a drain problem I was having. 30' cable on it.

I might try it just for grins.

Back